This job opportunity is no longer available.
This page has been archived for your
reference. You can try to continue to this position on the employer's website
or try a new search. Inquiries related
to this position should be directed to the employer.
Alternate Locations: Parsippany, NJ (New Jersey); White Plains, NY (New York)
Relocation assistance will be considered/provided for this opportunity within our company guidelines.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $222 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2015.
The AVP, Group Insurance Sales provides leadership, direction and functional expertise to ensure departmental results for his/her assigned area(s) of Intermediary Sales responsibility. S/he will direct and motive his/her assigned sales team(s) to meet or exceed sales goals and set strategic priorities and activities within the region which will lead to an increase in sales revenue and market share within assigned Advisor, Registered Representative and/or Broker area of responsibility.
- Analyzes benchmarks and performance metrics to track sales plan progress, effectiveness, return on spend and bottom-line impact.
- Anticipates and provides Intermediary Sales strategies/solutions to complex problems or trends.
- Builds, enhances and maintains relationships with Advisors/Registered Representatives for assigned areas to drive sales results and build a comprehensive understanding of external partner's business, product and customer experience needs.
- Collaborates with key internal stakeholders and senior management to identify synergist/cross selling opportunities within the Lincoln Financial Group business portfolio.
- Contribute to developing Intermediary Sales strategies which have substantial impact on sales revenue and increase in market share within his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Delivers top and bottom line financial results, consistently achieves growth targets and profitability, and establishes sales growth and profitability targets.
- Develops and maintains sales programs with Intermediary Sales external clients within assigned region.
- Develops financial budgets for assigned Intermediary Sales region.
- Develops, implements and oversees the execution of strategic sales and business plans for assigned Intermediary Sales region.
- Directs and oversees sales promotion and product training meetings for assigned clients/customers and existing or prospective
- Identifies Intermediary Sales external partner's business, product and/or customer experience needs and Collaborates with internal key stakeholders and senior management to service assigned territory.
- Identifies new business opportunities while managing and retaining existing business.
- Provides strategic direction and oversight on assigned Intermediary Sales team(s) sales goals and objectives.
Education & Experience
- 10+ Years experience in Intermediary Sales that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position, including 3+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience including influencing senior management/critical stakeholders experience(Required)
- 4 Year/Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors) (Minimum Required)
- Upon Hire Certifications/Licensures : Dependent upon Product Being Sold.
- Travel Type :National Domestic
- Travel Amount :50-100%
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Posted / Updated: