This job opportunity is no longer available.
This page has been archived for your
reference. You can try to continue to this position on the employer's website
or try a new search. Inquiries related
to this position should be directed to the employer.
Cuando se trata de salir adelante, tienes las de ganar. Let's call it great career potential.
Even if you have no prior experience, we have training classes starting soon to help you build the successful career that you want - apply today! We provide the support and structure, you provide the interest and motivation.
Imagine being able to get answers to your health plan questions from someone who speaks the same language as you do. Or, the opposite, not being able to get the answers. At UnitedHealth Group, we want our customers to get those answers by speaking to one of our Bilingual Customer Service Representatives. If you're fluent in English and Spanish, we can show you how to put all of your skills, your passions and your energy to work in a fast growing environment.
When you join us as a Bilingual (Spanish/English) Customer Service Advocate for UnitedHealthcare, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our health plan members each day as they look to you as their trusted advisor and advocate. You’ll be empowered to compassionately deliver an exceptional experience to between 50 to 70 callers per day - always remembering that there is a real person on the other end of the phone who is looking for help, guidance, and support. You’ll help them make informed decisions about their care services by answering their questions, resolving their issues or helping them enroll in and/or select a health plan. You'll do this by developing and maintaining a productive relationship and interaction with all callers, while providing personalized, and consultative education and information. Here, you’ll join us on a mission to deliver the best customer service in the health care industry. Period. Your compassion and customer service expertise combined with our support, training and development will ensure your success. This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while doing your life’s best work.SM
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday -Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (7:00am-8:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 6200 Northwest Parkway, San Antonio, TX 78249.
To learn even more about this position, hear from other Customer Service Advocates. Click here to watch a short video about the job: http://uhg.hr/customerserviceadvocate1
(Note: these videos are labeled with our internal job title of Health Advisor)
- Respond to and resolve on the first call, customer service inquires and issues by identifying the topic and type of assistance the caller needs such as benefits, eligibility and claims, financial spending accounts and correspondence.
- Help guide and educate customers about the fundamentals and benefits of consumer-driven health care topics to include managing their health and well-being by selecting the best benefit plan options, maximizing the value of their health plan benefits and choosing a quality care provider
- Intervene with care providers (doctor’s offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance when needed
- Assist customers in navigating myuhc.com and other UnitedHealth Group websites and encourage and reassure them to become self-sufficient
- Own problem through to resolution on behalf of the customer in real time or through comprehensive and timely follow-up with the member
- Research complex issues across multiple databases and work with support resources to resolve customer issues and/or partner with others to resolve escalated issues
- Provide education and status on previously submitted pre-authorizations or pre-determination requests
- Meet the performance goals established for the position in the areas of: efficiency, call quality, customer satisfaction, first call resolution and attendance
Posted / Updated: