• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Has experience in Capital Projects or Capital Procurement for a large organization and or multinational experience
• Is familiar with contracting processes and procedures
• Has experience of large scale business change projects / programs, including implementing new strategies for capital procurement.
• Has a proven track record working in capital procurement delivering to agreed targets and deadlines.
• Has credibility, strong communication and influencing skills, able to work well both within a team and to self manage in a matrix management environment.
• Has procurement or commercial experience engaging directly with and managing external suppliers and agencies.
• Created performance management reporting and stakeholder management workshops.
• Experience of coordinating capital buying across complex stakeholder groups
• Good understanding of MS Office applications: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Good understanding of MS Outlook (email)
• Good understanding of Share Point (Team Site) applications
• Experience with remote team working (live meeting and teleconferencing)
• Experience in Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) and other Procurement systems and processes.
GSK has a global portfolio of sites with capital spend between £700 – 900m per annum. There is a requirement to deliver a strategic coordinated approach to TPS and Construction categories both globally and regionally. This includes working with GSK facilities, Engineering teams and suppliers to deliver best in class cost and project delivery requirements.
The key role of the Capital Category Buyer is to support the Capital Procurement in the US with potential support for Global Capital Categories as required, delivering innovation, supplier relationship management and world class performance for on time delivery and operational efficiency. Responsibilities will include the implementation of standardized processes where appropriate and total cost of ownership benefits delivery. The role is to also develop partnerships with key suppliers, including across procurement teams into the contractor base, to drive innovation, performance and trust across the market and GSK US sites.
PLEASE NOTE: This person can be located at any of the US GSK locations, preferably in Pennsylvania (Upper Merion, Navy Yard, or Upper Providence.)
The job holder will be expected to:
• Proactively identify , develop and execute innovative sourcing of contracts, under the leadership of the Commodity Manager-Americas, for the following Capital spend categories across the GSK US footprint:
o Technical Professional Services
o Construction Projects
o Equipment – both regional and in collaboration with the Global Equipment
• Working closely with teams within procurement, engineering and capital project delivery.
• Create partnerships and supplier relationship programs to drive performance of existing and new capital projects across the US and potentially global network.
• Lead performance related management of project delivery with suppliers and assist in the mitigation of losses or compensation issues.
• Drive Total Cost of Ownership innovation and strategies deployment into sites
• Ensure the savings reporting and financial benefits analysis of projects, including budgets for sites and to use these models to target and prioritize the highest impact improvement areas.
• Translate successful pilot projects into standards, guidelines and procedures which can be applied across the whole supply chain working with engineering counterparts.
• Have knowledge and experience of Capital Procurement.
• Work collaboratively, and to build strong relationships internally and with external suppliers.
• Have good written, verbal and face to face influencing/communication skills.
The role will ensure that:
• Regional and Global capital procurement solutions are developed and delivered across GSK - driving savings in 2017 and beyond.
• GSK maintains robust project delivery.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.