Lenovo is the fastest growing technology company on the planet, with growth outpacing our competition quarter after quarter and we’re growing! Lenovo’s fundamental belief is that life rewards those who Never Stand Still. Every day, every employee at Lenovo is focused on moving forward, rejecting traditional limits, and always seeking a better way. We are looking for the person who challenges the ordinary and seeks to innovate in learning, while also balancing execution.
Lenovo is looking for qualified talent to fill a Cloud Security Architect (CSA) role. This role will require knowledge of cloud security architecture, secure design practices, cloud infrastructure security, security software development. CSA needs to be able to teach others the same skills. He/she will own responsibility to the organization for identifying and driving issues to closure with development teams, working in conjunction with the company’s Product Security Office to ensure consistency and compliance with corporate and industry standards. This person will be required to be able to actively provide design guidance and to manage cloud security tools and solutions to protect the AWS cloud environments, including engineering solutions and processes.
Job responsibilities will include ownership and execution of activities which include:
• Analyzing and assisting in the design of cloud security solutions for Lenovo cloud-based services
• Working with cloud services architects, developers, and testers to review, assist and recommend changes and solutions to functionality to address the security of Lenovo and third party developed services
• Developing and contributing to implementation of the Lenovo Secure Development Lifecycle and security best practices within the software development process
• Identifying security risks in Lenovo and third party provided services and proposing mitigating controls
• Assessing the latest security threats and making recommendations to increase security
• Conducting continuous analysis of services security threat information – 3rd party providers’ vulnerabilities, CVEs, malicious code, potential backdoors, industry events, hackers, zero day exploits, OEM weaknesses, IDS/IPS and SIEM alerting, etc., in order to proactively assess and investigate emerging threats and potential impact to Lenovo services
• Assessing the applicability of threat and vulnerability feeds, rating the risk and communicating to appropriate parties
• Recommending corrective actions to mitigate security threats and risks to selected services and products
• Communicating identified changes in threats and vulnerabilities based on trend analysis and concerns generated from customers and potential customers
• Producing reports to demonstrate assessment coverage and remediation effectiveness, and working with the Product engineers and software teams to insure corrective actions are implemented
• Identification of internal and external threats that could divulge vulnerabilities that would lead to the misappropriation of customer or company information
• Identifying and developing new tools, tactics and procedures for changing threat scenarios
• Developing trend and research analysis techniques to identify new detection methods for attack vectors
• Working directly with technical staff, vendors, and leadership to promptly assess and implement mitigating controls to new attack vectors and changing threat landscape
• Having the ability to effectively identify, evaluate and communicate new and ongoing security threats to senior management
Lenovo is a $46 billion global Fortune 250 company and leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial and enterprise technology. Our portfolio of high-quality, secure products and services covers PCs, workstations, servers, storage, smart TVs and a family of mobile products like smartphones (including the Motorola brand), tablets and apps. Everyone here at Lenovo is an integral part of the company, working together, across continents, cultures and innovations, all comprised in a friendly, fast-paced, work environment that focuses on one common goal: to be known as the best in what we do.
We're looking to add talented individuals who are self-motivated and desire boundless opportunities, to join us. Come share in the discoveries that are forged from our shared achievements at Lenovo as we drive the next generation in technology.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, related area or equivalent related work experience
• 3-5 years of demonstrated information security, risk management & compliance experience with the experience in secure cloud services and infrastructure design, and vulnerability management • 2+ years Cloud Security Architect experience with infrastructures such as AWS or comparable products.
• Knowledge and experience with diverse IT products, architectures and enterprise IT data centers, large scale transaction processing environments, external hosted services and cloud computing environments
• Thorough understanding of IAM solutions, SSO, Federation & STS to deliver secure cloud service interaction and environment access
• Knowledge of configuration management, change control, risk assessments, exception management and security baselines (e.g. CIS Baselines, NIST, FIPS Security standards, Government Security guidelines, vendor security technical implementation guides)
• Strong technical skills and hands on experience assessing threats to multiple operating system platforms, database and application servers, custom and off the shelf applications
• Knowledge of and experience with applying Common Weakness Enumeration (CWE), Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS), Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVS and Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP)) processes and remediation recommendations
• Experience in conducting security architecture assessments on 3rd party provided services, web-based services and REST type of applications
• Experience performing static analysis and security code reviews
• In depth knowledge of the security related technologies, including but not limited
transport and at rest encryption and related cryptography, authentication services
• CISSP certification requirement - CCSP preferred
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Posted / Updated: