Pacific Gas and Electric Company, incorporated in California in 1905, is one of the largest combination natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, the company is a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation.
There are approximately 20,000 employees who carry out Pacific Gas and Electric Company's primary business—the transmission and delivery of energy. The company provides natural gas and electric service to approximately 16 million people throughout a 70,000-square-mile service area in northern and central California. We were rated #1 within the Energy and Utilities Sector on the prestigious Civic 50 list, which recognizes the nation’s most community-minded Fortune 500 corporations.
Diversity & Inclusion
“At PG&E, we strive to provide an environment where our employees are able to do their very best work. We do this by creating an inclusive culture and hiring a diverse workforce -- one that reflects the diversity of our customers, works to meet the needs of the communities we serve and builds a strong and diverse supply chain. This commitment is a critical part of our values and how we endeavor to approach each person every day.” -- Laura Butler, VP Talent Management and Chief Diversity Officer
Our diversity makes us stronger and is a prime source of new and innovative ideas. PG&E is an integral part of the thousands of diverse communities we serve. So it’s no wonder we’ve been recognized nationally for our diversity accomplishments including, 30 Best Companies for Diversity by Black Enterprise Magazine and Top -100 Military Friendly Employer by Victory Media, publisher of G.I. Jobs Magazine.
From wellness and medical/dental coverage to retirement plans, our comprehensive and competitive benefits program has been designed with PG&E employees’ diverse needs and future goals in mind. Our benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their families, including registered domestic partners
- 401(k) plan that matches $0.75 for each dollar you contribute up to 8% of your pay. The plan features multiple investment options and immediate vesting of Company-matching contributions
- A retirement plan that is entirely funded by PG&E and credits 5% to 10% of your pay annually into an account for your use at retirement. This is in addition to the generous 401(k) match
- Post-retirement life insurance coverage and long-term disability program that provides income protection against lost wages in the event of illness or injury
Our work environment also encourages employees to be active and productive in our communities by providing these additional benefits:
- A comprehensive Wellness Program that includes gym discounts and health coaching to help you stay healthy, lose weight, quit smoking, start an exercise regime, or manage a chronic condition
- Employee-organized activities, such as WeightWatchers™ at Work, Zumba®, yoga and tai chi classes
- Access to a credit union with competitive rates and an employee association that offers discounts on travel, entertainment events, recreation parks, camp grounds and many other attractions
You can view additional details about our benefits here.
Equal Employment Opportunity is a vital component of our company culture and our success. This policy states that all employees have equal opportunities for jobs, skills training and promotions regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other non-job related factor."EEO is the Law" poster. "EEO is the Law" supplement poster.
PG&E is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and provides equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As a part of that commitment, we strive to ensure that our online application process is accessible to all qualified individuals. Should you require assistance using our online system due to a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for your application, please send an e-mail to Accommodations-Req@pge.com. Please provide us with your name, telephone number, job number of the position of interest to you, and the best time of day to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 415-972-5858 and leave a message with the same information.