Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve, our ability to perform and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization. We’re dedicated to serving the financial needs of those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and research fields, and committed to helping make lifetime financial well-being possible for them.
By building a culture that allows all employees to contribute their unique talents and skills, we’re able to provide our customers with fresh ideas and distinct perspectives to help them achieve their goals. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is one of our greatest strengths and a key measure of our success*.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
TIAA is committed to making financial well-beingpossible for its clients, and the company is equally committed to the well beingof its employees. The Client ServicesGroup is responsible for developing and delivering the service experience forour individual and institutional clients, acting as the firm’s “servicedelivery hub”.
Consultants in multiple sites (Charlotte, Dallasand Denver) respond to phone calls and emails to execute requests fromretirement plan participants while providing financial guidance. Financial Services Consultants are alsoresponsible for increasing assets, initiating new business through rolloversand transfers from the competition, and retaining assets through individualcommunication.
In building a world class National ContactCenter our Financial Services Consultants exemplify our corporate values. Our consultants are empowered to deliverexcellence in customer service and financial results. They believe in putting our participantsfirst in every interaction and through continuous improvement processes. Consultants operate as one team throughinterdepartmental collaboration and act with the highest degree of integrity inboth customer and employee interactions.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Academy assists you in obtaining your Series 6 and 63 financialsecurities licenses, putting you on the right path to a long-term career infinancial services! You will complete a seven-week study period to obtain therequired licenses, followed by a three-to-four month training program to becomea Financial Services Consultant.
As a Financial Services Consultant, you willprovide the highest level of customer service to our participants and deliverexcellence in a challenging yet extremely rewarding environment. Being at the forefront of our business, youwill play an imperative role in helping our participants achieve financialwell-being.
Using your high energy, engagement,positivity and professionalism, you will be responsible for:
- Interacting withretirement plan participants to provide exceptional customer service andexecute transaction and service requests.
- Leveraging multipleresources while educating and devoting time with our participants throughintuitive conversations.
- Providing financialguidance to our participants to help retain and increase assets.
- Collaborating acrossthe organization to deliver world-class service and safeguard businesscontinuity and process improvements.
- FINRA 6 and 63registrations as well as state life insurance licenses must be obtained throughour Academy program
- State LifeInsurance preferred or must be obtained
- Must be availableto work 8 a.m.-5 p.m. during training
- Must be willingand available to work any shift between 7am-9pm Monday-Friday, as well as,Saturday from 8am-5pm on a rotational basis.
- Bachelor’s Degreeor some college with professional designations
- Three or moreyears of financially-related customer contact experience. Financial services sales experience is aplus.
- Bi-Lingual inSpanish is a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017 C23921
Posted / Updated: