Motorola Mobility (a Lenovo company) is one of the world’s fastest growing smartphone providers, creating groundbreaking, affordable, high-quality products designed and built with the global customer in mind. And it’s our people who make this all happen. We are thinkers, risk-takers and problem solvers, working together to constantly challenge the status quo. If you share our commitment to ingenuity, creativity and innovation, we want you to help us define our world of tomorrow. Explore the opportunities and apply today!
Motorola Mobility develops some of the most compelling, innovative mobile products in the world. The camera Strategic Sourcing Director is the technical lead that will drive the mobile devices component roadmap and strategic sourcing decisions, working in conjunction with the Global Commodity Manager and Hardware Engineering teams. The strategic sourcing director will develop, communicate and execute strategic sourcing strategies for the mobile business unit in order to secure the newest technologies, drive industry innovation, manage supplier long term relationships, while achieving total lowest cost of ownership.
• Maintain deep industry knowledge of key technologies, industry trends, competitive benchmarking.
• Use this industry & competitive knowledge to collaboratively create and maintain a technology roadmap and strategic sourcing strategy for camera of mobile.
• Develop and maintain technical relationships with supplier executive leadership. Influence supplier technology roadmaps to ensure Motorola's system architecture and technical requirements are met.
• Act as a technical subject matter expert to actively participate in problem resolution with camera implementation or technology migration.
• Participate in supplier RFQ process to respond to and mitigate technical, spec and cost issues.
• Develop should-be cost models.
• Develop specs in conjunction with the hardware engineering teams such that design requirements are within industry capabilities and appropriate for each competitive price tier.
• Lead the extended team to drive technical supplier capabilities in terms of capability, quality, and cost.
• BSEE or related technical / engineering degree
• 10+ years of technical experience in the camera space.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to collaborate, negotiate, think strategically, and make decisions.
• Demonstrated ability to work at both strategic level & execute tactically as required.
• Proven experience working with and establishing technical relationships with senior management at camera suppliers
• Some level of supply chain/operations responsibilities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Posted / Updated: