About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE\: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Forklift Operator I is primarily responsible for safely operating basic powered material handling equipment (excluding the Order Picker, Turret and Drexel) for the purpose of product receipt, storage and order fulfillment. The Forklift Operator is also responsible to become cross-functional for other distribution duties that include; receiving, picking, packing, shipping and return processing of products to meet high company standards of safety, security and productivity.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…..
- Full case order picking for replenishment, customer orders and packaging components.
- Pallet retrieval and put away in narrow aisle bulk rack storage system.
- Quality control to ensure accuracy of all transactions.
- Loading and unloading of pallets and cases from trucks and conveyor lines, by hand or equipment.
- Sorting, building and wrapping product to pallets to ensure compliance to customer expectation.
- Maintain accuracy of storage locations by performing daily cycle counts
- Perform other distribution work functions as needed due to business volume and need.
You might be a great fit if….
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to operate powered basic material handling equipment, i.e. electric pallet jack, forklift, etc.
- Not afraid of working on equipment at extended heights.
- Strong sense of urgency, attention to detail and flexibility in meeting deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here
and searching our openings.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.
Posted / Updated: