This job opportunity is no longer available.
This page has been archived for your
reference. You can try to continue to this position on the employer's website
or try a new search. Inquiries related
to this position should be directed to the employer.
About FedEx Supply Chain....
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE\: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The General Manager works with Managers (i.e., Operations, Quality Control) and Supervisors to implement monitor and enhance all aspects of support to include operational performance, safety, security, productivity, cost control, customer service, and continuous improvement. The General Manager is the primary point of contact between the Customer and our Company. He/she has management authority, responsibility, and oversight of all contractual tasks. Responsible to identify, review and then follow internal policy to make contract revisions. This position requires the exercise of independent judgment, decision-making, and discretion.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…..
- Preparing, maintaining and communicating all operational goals and FedEx Supply Chain Standard Operations Procedures.
- On-going management of facility fiscal performance (Profit and Loss), yearly budget preparation.
- Monitoring space utilization/layout and maximizing usage/making recommendations.
- Managing, coaching, mentoring, developing staff to achieve prescribed objectives.
- Overseeing the recruitment and new hire process and ensuring/ reinforcing the FedEx Supply Chain teammate culture is being fostered in the facility.
- Monitoring and ensuring departmental/facility performance metrics are met in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Ensuring the accurate and timely preparation of all necessary reports and records regarding facility operations.
- Developing, implementing and directing; equipment preventative maintenance programs, safety programs, and facility building/grounds maintenance programs.
- Responsible to identify, review and then follow internal policy to make contract revisions.
- Monitoring facility purchasing process to include\: auditing, guideline compliance, and approval; creating programs to maximize cost saving for FedEx Supply Chain and customers.
- Ensures facility is maintained to industry regulatory specifications, if required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Posted / Updated: