Industrial Designer (003SEX)
Schneider Electric is a $29 Billion multi-national organization delivering innovative solutions to today’s energy challenges. An industrial designer at Schneider Electric is a member of a global Design & Ergonomics team supporting multiple business units and product categories. We deliver exceptional experiences to our residential and business customers through a creative and consistent design approach to each project.
The industrial design team at Schneider Electric is very hands-on; designers conceptualize in 2D and 3D, we work closely with offer managers & engineers, create prototypes, and test our concepts to ensure the best possible solution. The ideal candidate will be open, creative and have a well-developed sense of form, proportion, and usability.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Implementation of all stages of industrial design and development from conceptualization to final production documentation
- Assist offer management in conducting & synthesizing market research to uncover new opportunities, define use case scenarios, and develop clear and concise project briefs.
- Effectively communicate your unique and innovative ideas to project teams through sketches, models, and appropriate presentation tools
- Review and evaluate designs for compliance with industrial design guidelines and standards; provide tangible feedback to improve product quality and user experience.
- Develop a strong understanding of the Energy and Electrical markets, monitor technology trends and keep continuously informed on competitive activities.
- Clearly communicate function and design intent to engineering and manufacturing through detailed and thorough documentation
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
- 3-4 years of broad experience with application of design theories, principles, and concepts to a portfolio of technology and/or consumer product designs
- An incurable curiosity relating to all things design.
- Passion for conceptualizing and designing meaningful product solutions for people in their homes
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and a time
- Broad understanding and experience in methodologies for design expression and validation, including sketches, models, storyboards, and prototyping.
- Excellent skills in sketching, 2-D and 3-D software packages for product design, including Adobe Suite & Rhino, experience with Solidworks, Inventor, or Pro-E is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in human-centered design and design research methodologies.
- Ability to confidently present your designs to internal teams and customers
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Industrial Design or equivalent.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY. Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies:
Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such. Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
3 to 4 years
Posted / Updated: