This job opportunity is no longer available.
This page has been archived for your
reference. You can try to continue to this position on the employer's website
or try a new search. Inquiries related
to this position should be directed to the employer.
The Land Analyst Intern will be assigned to an asset team within a Business Unit and will be exposed to and responsible for many phases of land work. You will be assigned tasks and projects allowing you to assist with the acquisition and maintenance of oil and gas leases, various exploration and production related contracts and interact with various industry business associates, including but not limited to Operators, Non-Operated Working interest owners and mineral/royalty/surface owner questions. This internship will be a great opportunity to receive diversified training through on-the-job assignments using the technical skills you have acquired in college or through your work experiences.
The work will develop you technically and professionally. A mentor, an employee within the Land organization will be assigned to you. You will also be assigned a Land Analyst to assist your transition into ConocoPhillips' corporate environment.
Assignments will typically be at our site located in Houston, Texas. Typical length of our internships varies from 10 to 14 weeks based on the project and your availability.
Responsibilities may include:
- Complete project or projects targeted to experience level, working with mentor and other land staff and presenting the results to Lower 48 Land Management.
- Researching and analyzing leases and contracts, including ownership set up for new wells, determining working interest and net revenue interest in new wells or recompletions
- Determining working interest ownership in federal units & participating area expansions
- Developing and maintaining network relationships with government agencies, lessors, mineral owners and partners
- Developing and maintaining network relationships with other groups within company, i.e., legal, accounting, tax, production and auditing
- Creating various reports from Quorum or parallel systems
- Creating various reports from Business Objects pertaining to critical leases
- Gathering and analyzing data for quarterly contract obligation reports and lease obligations reports. Emphasis is on research, creating various reports, and analysis of data
At ConocoPhillips innovation and excellence create a platform for opportunity and growth. We are the world’s largest independent Exploration and Production company and we don’t hire just the GPA, we hire the person who earned it.
We strive to represent and reflect the global communities in which we live and work. To deliver superior performance, we create an inclusive environment that respects the contributions and differences of every individual. We believe that diverse opinions, ideas and perspectives are what fuels innovation throughout our company, and we all play a role in giving our company a competitive business advantage.
Posted / Updated: