This job opportunity is no longer available.
This page has been archived for your
reference. You can try to continue to this position on the employer's website
or try a new search. Inquiries related
to this position should be directed to the employer.
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Support the senior managers and regional directors in advising, planning and managing internal communications across Exelon Generation. Represent the communications organization at senior-level meetings, provide counsel to nuclear corporate leaders and site VPs with respect to communications issues, strategies and tactics. Guide the development of strong internal communication plans that support site leaders and their respective station goals. Oversee assigned communications projects, monitor and respond quickly to issues, and unify communications products and approaches under the Exelon Generation Communications Flight Plan. Help site communicators ensure that site communications plans enhance employee alignment and understanding of site and company goals, policies and policies. Assign and manage communications resources as required in support of the senior managers and regional directors. Provide backup support for the manager of social media and special projects.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Plan and direct internal communications projects that support employee understanding and alignment across the Generation fleet.
- Develop and distribute clear, concise well-written communications products and initiatives in support of site and corporate organizations.
- This position requires proactive communication planning, project execution, and a high level of coordination with other Exelon communications organizations.
- The candidate must constantly and aggressively search for new and better ways to communicate with Generation employees through benchmarking and communications industry outreach.
- This person must create and direct modern and effective means of employee communications that position Exelon Generation as a national leader in employee engagement and alignment.
- Bachelors degree, 8 to10 years experience in communications, journalism or a related field.
- Ability to obtain unescorted access to a nuclear site, as applicable.
- Excellent writing and editing skills; layout and publishing skills; ability to consistently meet deadlines; excellent project and editorial management skills, strong presentation skills; strategic thinking ability; self-motivation; organizational sensitivity; strong interpersonal skills.
- Masters degree in communications, journalism or related discipline preferred.
DISCLAIMER The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Posted / Updated: