Job Location: United States : New Jersey : Whippany
Role Value Proposition:
The role of our investment department is critical to the success of the enterprise. It's where more than 800 professionals manage a $500-plus billion portfolio that includes public and private bonds, real estate and agricultural mortgages, real estate equity and structured finance securities. Understanding and actively managing a diversified portfolio to back product liabilities is what enables the MetLife, Inc. enterprise to help deliver on the millions of promises it has made to customers all around the world. Whether you are a seasoned investment professional, a newly minted MBA or a recent college graduate, you will find opportunities to grow and develop at MetLife Investments.
The Investment Sales Support Associate is responsible for supporting the sales team in growing the third party asset management business. This includes coordinating ad hoc requests, meetings and sales presentations, compiling data, and managing investor inquiries in a manner which contributes to successfully executing MetLife’s third party asset management initiative.
- Coordinate and maintain existing and potential prospect database, including detailed call notes, investor type, commitments, individual level IRR/MOIC, interest in competing strategies, etc. by leveraging salesforce.com functionality.
- Assist with coordination of meetings, calls and other sales activities including logistics, presentation materials, agenda, briefing notes, research and follow ups.
- Coordinate activities of sales, PM’s, research, Senior Leadership Team, Marketing, and Legal with the desired, consistent messages in presentations, public speaking, press releases, and written articles.
- Actively maintain research on third party asset management, including recent news, emerging trends, major capital markets activities, and any potential regulatory changes.
- Maintain and share knowledge of competitive products, trends and their impact on MetLife’s strategies.
- Work with Client Service Group to create professional quality marketing materials used for potential and existing investors, committees, and consultants.
- Work in conjunction with the Client Service Group to facilitate the completion of request for proposal (RFP) and due diligence questions (DDQ).
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 2 + years of finance experience.
- Series 7 & 63 licenses required within 1 year of service at MetLife.
- Thorough analytical skills with the ability to creatively present data in new ways.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly motivated team player with a strong interest in building a business, who works well with others in a complex and performance oriented environment.
- Understanding of MetLife investments platform, key roles of consultants and advisors, with an understanding of investor structures.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 66483
Posted / Updated: