This job opportunity is no longer available.
This page has been archived for your
reference. You can try to continue to this position on the employer's website
or try a new search. Inquiries related
to this position should be directed to the employer.
Job Category: Operations
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 763729-47754
Are you passionate about providing world class services to Microsoft employees? Do you want to have a significant role in guiding our work environment to attract and retain the best talent?
The Puget Sound RE&F Team is focused on Making Our Employees Great! There are over 40,000 Microsoft Employees that call Puget Sound home and our team strives, every day, to deliver the workspaces and services they need to make this happen!
If you share our passion, thrive on big challenges and broad impact and want to join a team of Pioneers in Corporate Real Estate, then this is a fantastic opportunity for you! The Puget Sound RE&F Team is looking for an energetic, analytical, highly accountable individual to take on the role of Senior Facility Manager.
It is an exciting time to be in RE&F! Working on high-impact, exciting projects, you will have the opportunity to work with our internal business partners and strategic vendors to foster innovation to produce compelling world class services and solutions.
This position oversees the Facility Management services for the largest contiguous corporate campus in the world. This position will drive value for RE&F’s Puget Sound Region by providing strategic leadership and innovative thinking. Specific Responsibilities include:
- Oversee the day-to-day delivery of facilities services for the Puget Sound Region and manage business operations within budget.
- Work with Business Groups and Business Partners to align facility services and performance levels with business goals and drivers.
- Drive budget planning, tracking, and forecasting for the facilities line of business in collaboration with finance stakeholders.
- Provide strategic leadership in planning, developing and executing on RE&F’s service and performance levels to achieve established objectives.
- Lead strategic lifecycle planning efforts associated with building infrastructure systems applying governance and principles in creating multi-year plans.
- Represent RE&F in campus emergency response planning and corporate policy development.
- Partner with RE&F’s internal team on master planning, portfolio strategies and workplace programs.
- Create strategic relationship with the Utility providers and align on multi-year plans that meet the business need for ongoing reliability, cost and future growth.
- Create a vision for Regional energy conservation programs and develop execution strategies to yield world class results.
- Drive innovative initiatives for emerging technologies that showcase Microsoft products and enhance the employee experience.
- Assure all operational, environmental and regulatory reporting is completed as required.
- Partner with HR on health and safety programs that provide employees with a safe and healthy work environment.
- Oversee state-of-the-art lab facility and work with clients to set strategies to drive operational process improvements.
- Oversee the facilities engineering disciple and drive strategic initiates to optimize assets and building systems.
The successful candidate must have the following skill set:
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- A proven ability to influence and collaborate across groups and build virtual teams.
- Be self-motivated and directed, and require minimal supervision.
- Strong project management, organizational and entrepreneurial skills.
- Proven analytical experience.
- Drive to overcome adversity.
- Ability to plan at both a strategic and implementation level.
- General knowledge of Facilities Management, Project Management, Energy and Sustainability
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
Background in corporate facilities management, facilities engineering, energy, environmental sustainability, client relationship experience across all levels within the business, knowledge of supplier protocol (e.g. method of delivery, quality of service, pricing and reporting), financial analysis and budget processes, contract administration and proposal process, procurement principles, vendor quality and productivity criteria and best practices in the areas of implementation, information, and service provider relationships is a plus.
Key Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have extensive corporate facilities management experience, managing large scale and complex facilities, broad understanding of the utility ecosystem, experience with corporate risk-management, have a bachelor’s degree in business management, project management or engineering and should have at least 5-10 years of post-college experience in areas directly relevant to responsibilities described above.
Microsoft is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Posted / Updated: