This job opportunity is no longer available.
This page has been archived for your
reference. You can try to continue to this position on the employer's website
or try a new search. Inquiries related
to this position should be directed to the employer.
- Product Manager, Ratings Business Systems (24070)
Product Manager, Ratings Business Systems-24070
Standard & Poors has an opening for a Business Systems Product Manager in our Ratings Operations Department. The qualified candidate will be responsible for managing an internal product that will involve making daily decisions to solve operating problems and interacting with users to identify and prioritize product improvements. The candidate will also perform assessments of the business processes, applications, and tools used by Rating Analytical Teams.
* Guide and collaborate with IT, Analysts, Enterprise Data Management, Project Management Office and Quality Assurance Groups to ensure the products optimal utility to its users.
* Keep management informed about major application issues, recommend resolution strategies which includes detailed benefits and cost of the solutions.
* Track and ensure management approved directives are implemented.
* Provide metrics for tracking and reporting product usage within the Ratings businesses analytic teams. Ensure business operations managers have relevant usable metrics.
* Implement a product training plan that is aligned with product updates for all new and current users.
* Write and review communication to all product users to ensure relevant flow of information critical to the use of the product.
* Coordinate with Operations managers, Business Process Managers and Data managers to ensure User groups across the globe are participating in User Acceptance Testing to ensure the application is adequately tested before its release.
* Analyze and document impact of application functionality changes to business process in conjunction with Business Analyst, VP Operations and Business Process Management group. This includes regulatory changes.
* Review Quality Assurance reports of application and defects associated with a proposed product release to determine whether the release can be promoted to production as is, or whether further corrective action is required.
* 5-6 years of experience in Financial Services with working knowledge of Product Management and Information Management Principles.
* Experience and knowledge in project management
* Well-developed communication skills; both written and oral
* Comfortable in a fast paced, multi-deadline driven environment
* Ability to collaborate with and influence senior and peer personnel
* Must be self sufficient and able to work independently.
* Education: Bachelor Degree required. Masters degree a plus.
* Experience and knowledge in business process management
* Experience in Product and Operations Management of complex IT systems preferred.
* Familiarity with AGILE framework is desirable.
Regular full-time employees of The McGraw-Hill Companies routinely receive the following benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible spending accounts with company contribution
401K with company matching, long-term and annual incentives, stock purchase program
Many work/life benefits such as low-cost emergency child- and elder-care, parental leave for birth or adoption, flexible work arrangements, volunteer opportunities, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and much more
About the Company
Come work for McGraw-Hill/Standard & Poor''s, the world''s premier provider of investment research, market indices, credit ratings, financial data, and fixed income research and analysis. With more than 10,000 employees and offices in nearly two dozen countries, S&P offers you the opportunity to make an impact in nearly every segment of the global financial community, creating the tools, analysis and research needed for investors to make informed investment decisions. Standard & Poor''s is a subsidiary of The McGraw-Hill Companies.
The McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE: MHP) is a Fortune500 corporation with over 20,000 global employees and over 10,000 U.S. employees. Around the world, McGraw-Hill provides people with the information and insights they need to adapt and grow in changing times. Our business spans the fields of financial services, education, and business information with leading brand names such as Standard & Poor''s, McGraw-Hill Education, Platts, and J.D. Power & Associates. By working together with our customers and partners, these brands are laying the foundation for a smarter, better world.
The McGraw-Hill Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
S&P Operation Services
Standard & Poor''s Ratings Services
Posted / Updated: