This job opportunity is no longer available.
This page has been archived for your
reference. You can try to continue to this position on the employer's website
or try a new search. Inquiries related
to this position should be directed to the employer.
UPMC WorkSource is currently seeking a temporary employment specialist to provide recruitment support for its office located in downtown Pittsburgh. This position works Monday through Friday, with working hours between 8:30am to 5:00pm. The employment specialist performs all recruitment, selection, and related responsibilities to the employment process for temporary employment needs within the nursing and non-nursing areas of UPMC.
- Conducts employment screening interviews for internal and external applicants, of all levels and types of positions, including management for temporary assignments throughout UPMC.
- Provides assistance on special departmental projects.
- Reviews and evaluates candidate applications and/or resumes in terms of related experience, education and skill rejecting those not meeting the minimum qualifications on the approved job description. Ensures that thorough testing, reference checks and physicals have been completed prior to candidates starting employment
- Chooses the most qualified candidates to refer to departments based upon documented objective criteria consistent with the legal requirements, job description, qualifications, and business unit policies in a timely manner.
- Serves as the primary employment consultant for designated departments.
- Advises and instructs all levels of management on employment policies, procedures and legal concerns.
- Represents UPMC at external and internal functions (i.e. job fairs, UPMC sponsored events).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
-Bachelor''s degree in human resources, business or related field and one year of employment interviewing experience OR equivalent combination required.
-Thorough knowledge of all federal, state and local laws pertaining to employment and equal opportunity required.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be capable of establishing positive rapport with UPMC departments supported.
- Must have the ability to adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure.
-PC skills are required.
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted / Updated: