Are you ready to join an exciting, growing and well-established company that honors integrity, recognizes hard work, rewards achievements and fosters career growth? If you are, Highwoods Properties, a large, publicly traded full-service real estate company,
may be your next and best career move. Our company offers a dynamic, fast-paced environment that promotes teamwork, creativity and collaboration. Take the next step and see what Highwoods is all about. Currently, we are seeking a qualified individual to join
us in our Nashville, TN division as a Maintenance Technician.
Selected candidate will independently perform a wide variety of general maintenance repairs to an assigned portfolio of commercial high rise Class A office buildings in downtown Nashville. This position will represent Highwoods Properties in a professional
manner to customers, vendors and the general public. This position will participate in and follow the guidelines of Highwoods' Safety Program. Must be a team player and work with co-workers for the good of the company.
• Perform a variety of general repairs, installations and maintenance on building equipment, including changing ballasts, light bulbs and/or tubes, light switches, receptacles, door locks and general repairs on plumbing fixtures, refrigeration equipment, alarm
and fire protection systems, piping and tubing, etc.
• Perform general carpentry, floor repairs, and general repairs to buildings
• Operate and maintain boiler equipment and maintain required record of operations
• Inspect equipment for proper lubrication and perform other preventative maintenance duties as needed
• Refer complex situations to supervisor or higher-classified mechanics
• Perform routine building inspections according to company policy
• Install and repair new and existing plumbing fixtures, drain lines and accessories
• Supervise periodic testing, servicing, and recording results of cross connection devices
• Perform preventive maintenance, installation and repair of water pipes, controls, and associated equipment
• Perform installation and repair of various types of electrical fixtures including lamp and ballast replacement
• Installation and repair of electrical devices (switches, receptacles, breakers, transformers, etc.)
• Perform minor repair of heating, ventilation, and air condition equipment including some filter changing
• Monitor water chemical treatment programs for cooling towers and fountains
• Monitor customer space temperatures and adjust thermostats when needed
• Assist the HVAC technician with any building related mechanical or maintenance issues when required
• Investigate and monitor repeat customer-related calls and report them to the Building Systems Administrator
• Perform minor leak repairs to roof, window, and fountains
• Assist contractors with life safety alarm systems and water-based or dry fire protection systems shut downs and testing
• Perform installation and repair of ceiling tiles, wall coverings, vinyl tile, carpet, cove base, window blinds, signage, etc.
• Be responsible for accurate and timely record keeping and reporting
• Assist in snow and ice removal using hand tools, ice melt, and sand
High School Diploma or equivalency required. Must be a team player and have 5+ years industrial/commercial maintenance experience with training in HVAC, plumbing, electrical or related fields. Must possess fundamental knowledge of state and local building
codes. A fundamental knowledge of life safety systems to include fire alarm, sprinkler, fire pumps, and emergency generators. Be available for emergency calls at night, weekends and holidays on a rotating schedule. Maintain a current TN Driver's License.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, including Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
At least 5 year(s)
Posted / Updated: