Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve, our ability to perform and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization. We’re dedicated to serving the financial needs of those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and research fields, and committed to helping make lifetime financial well-being possible for them.
By building a culture that allows all employees to contribute their unique talents and skills, we’re able to provide our customers with fresh ideas and distinct perspectives to help them achieve their goals. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is one of our greatest strengths and a key measure of our success*.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
The HR Analytics Manager will be a core player on the Human Resource team leading the daily activities of developing, implementing and evaluating new policies, systems, standards, methods and strategies to support comprehensive workforce planning. They will also provide process improvement and analytic support to assess and implement strategies to influence oversight, guidance and decision making to leadership development, workforce planning, and succession planning
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Leads the development of comprehensive workforce planning and analytics methods, models and projections.
- Works with HR business partners to identify gaps in competencies, FTE requirements and workforce strategies.
- Collaborates across HR to identify interventions and strategies to close gaps.
- Gather and analyze data, from multiple sources and disparate systems.
- Perform research from external sources and trend analysis internally and externally.
- Develops reports and presentations to summarize data, strategies, and recommendations
- Work with department stake holders to determine department and BU-specific KPIs and Milestones.
- Bring a consulting background and an ownership mentality so as to work effectively and quickly
- Identifies, analyzes and presents HR data and reports to assist in improving organizational short and long term strategic workforce planning efforts
- Provides guidance on best practices and alternative methods to ensure effective workforce strategies and action planning.
- Communicate with people at all levels, to gain the voice of the customer, to explain approaches and results, and to consult on analytics services
- Consumes and leverages output from advanced statistical analysis to derive data insights for decision making
- Designs, builds and owns dashboards, scorecards, and reports that will enable the business to improve workforce capacity and capability
- Utilizes database knowledge and programming experience to recommend data tables that make analyses more efficient.
- BS in Statistics, Research, HR or Business related field, MS preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in statistical programs such as Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience as a data, business, or financial analyst
- Must have professional experience working in an HR analytics role
- Must have an understanding of HR operations, data, HR systems, and dependencies
- Must have a minimum of 3 years data based management, research, and analytics experience
- Understanding of talent analytics strongly desired
- Understanding of critical HR analysis and metrics strongly desired
- SQL querying experience is desired
- Workforce planning experience is desired
- Financial experience is desired
- Proactive, self-starter, that is diligent, creative and takes initiative
- Intellectually curious, always questioning and probing data
- Ability to concisely report findings to all audiences.
- Team player that drives for results and ability to function independently in dynamic fast paced environment
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017 C23921
At least 3 year(s)
Posted / Updated: