Analyst for NewsDesk
CEB (NYSE: CEB) is the leading member-based advisory company. By combining the best practices of thousands of member companies with our advanced research methodologies and human capital analytics, we equip senior leaders and their teams with insight and actionable solutions to transform operations. This distinctive approach, pioneered by CEB, enables executives to harness peer perspectives and tap into breakthrough innovation without costly consulting or reinvention. The CEB member network includes more than 16,000 executives and the majority of top companies globally.
We are seeking an Analyst for the NewsDesk team in the Finance/Legal/Operations/Risk/Strategy division. The team’s analysts write short- and medium-length articles that unearth and solve big, tough problems facing global businesses. Their primary responsibility is to put together a compelling piece of CEB-exclusive counsel and explain it in a way that is direct, engaging, sophisticated, and easy-to-follow for busy executive readers. The advice is based on CEB’s research and data sets, interviews, and synthesis of a variety of material. It often pivots off the news. The ideal candidate is a strong writer, a voracious reader, a contrarian thinker, a bit of a data nerd, and a practical problem-solver. A NewsDesk analyst should have a demonstrated interest in how a multinational enterprise works, and in how larger economic forces and events affect corporate operations.
- Blend information from wide-ranging internal and external resources to formulate important insights
- Understand the main challenges, yearly cycle, and mission of our readers who work in specific corporate departments (such as Finance or Legal)
- Write concise and well-structured online articles that offer practical counsel to powerful executives in plain English
- Work with CEB programs serving sets of executives to learn about relevant research and products
- Keep up with the news and mine diverse sources for stories and trends of interest to our audience
- Maintain editorial content calendars
- Produce e-mail newsletters that drive traffic to the blog posts and websites
- Provide research and product partners with analysis on blog and e-mail performance, and on content trends from third party sources
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong interest in business fundamentals
- Drive to constantly learn and improve
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Exceptionally sharp and concise in written communication
- Ability to locate and procure information from original sources and senior executives
- Proficiency in distilling large amounts of qualitative and/or quantitative information into relevant insight
- Ability to manage multiple projects, self-motivate and drive projects to completion
- Ability to develop strong research relationships with content experts
- Understanding of online journalism and/or experience producing digital content (basic knowledge of HTML preferred)
- Exceptional record of achievement in academics
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Competitive base salary and bonus potential
- Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid time off (PTO), employee stock purchase plan, flexible spending, and tuition assistance
For more information on other exciting opportunities, please visit our Careers page.
CEB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted / Updated: