• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• 4 years total experience in Operations, at least one year of people management experience.
• cGMP management systems, documentation, production, maintenance, and safety standards.
• Financial budgeting from an operations perspective.
• Handle operations R&M budgeting, forecasting and aligning cost structure to meet plan.
• Track record of using lean principles to analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow for maximum efficiency and flow
• Working knowledge of high speed manufacturing and packaging equipment
• Experience trouble shooting equipment to ensure optimum product quality and safety is achieved
• Performance management, recruitment, retention strategies and people development
• Ability to work flexible schedule, including all shifts, and/or weekends is required
• Leadership with strong ability to influence and gain commitment at all levels of the organization
• Evaluate product quality and implementing strategies to ensure compliance with established standards, and timely completion of compliance documentation.
• Conduct and participate in regulatory audits, conducting investigations, creating business solutions to ensure effective management of compliance initiatives
• Build team capability by effectively monitoring and providing performance feedback to direct reports.
• Experience in cGMP and/or pharmaceutical experience is preferred.
Job Description Summary-
The primary purpose of the Operations Supervisor is to coach, mentor and develop staff while driving performance as it relates to site priorities of Safety, Quality, Cost and Supply. In addition this role will plan, direct, and continually improve lean manufacturing activities that are self sustaining. Operations Supervisor will establish standardized guidelines and principles intended to improve safety, quality, and productivity to lower costs and mitigate waste in the plant by utilizing continuous improvement methodology. In addition, this position handles numerous manufacturing engineering responsibilities related to improving product and process capability.
• Oversee daily activities of operations. Uses high degree of analytical and technical knowledge of manufacturing and packaging operations process to supervise employees
• Act as a safety and quality champion within the operational unit
• Drive performance through trouble shooting, problem solving and performance management
• Demonstrate strong understanding of leadership through leader standard work and tiered accountability
• Foster a positive work culture whilst holding team accountable for actions
• Responsible for shift handovers and team communications
• Responsible for coaching, development and mentoring staff to facilitate strong development of bench strength.
• Use lean principles to analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow for maximum efficiency and flow
• Monitor production equipment utilization and recommend improvement measures
• Manage OPEX budget, drive performance in R&M forecasting, labor and OT, production costs, and departmental financials according to plan.
• Manage recruitment for employees and contingent. Support/train/mentor/coach team members and ensure all applicable standards are met.
• Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety regulations/programs, including leading and assisting with safety meetings.
• Lead investigations –including Rapid Response and 6 Step Root Cause Analysis
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.