This job opportunity is no longer available.
This page has been archived for your
reference. You can try to continue to this position on the employer's website
or try a new search. Inquiries related
to this position should be directed to the employer.
FedEx Supply Chain
Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE\: FDX), is a leader in the
third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that
enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and
operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to
optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive
continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned
FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide
flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers.
Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet
of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and
processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to
- A strong FedEx brand
consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team
with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas
and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and
benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match
and much more!
FedEx Supply Chain has an immediate opening for an Oracle Database Administrator III at our corporate office in Cranberry, PA to maintain the integrity, security and availability of multiple databases. This includes disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data. Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to company standards. Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database. Evaluates and recommends available database management system (DBMS) products. The individual will be the subject matter expert that performs Oracle, SQL Server Database and Application server administration.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…..
- Maintain the integrity, security, performance and availability of databases.
- nstall, upgrade, patch configure, troubleshoot and administer a variety of 3rd party vendor tools.
- Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements.
- Monitor database(s) for compliance with established standards, policies, configuration guidelines and procedures.
- Provide capacity analysis reports/data and recommendations for improvements.
- Deployments at Database level, Cognos, Middleware products, Websphere application server, Websphere commerce applications, Version control systems
- Advanced troubleshooting (ability to think outside of box) and advanced shell scripting for all databases involving Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and Golden Gate, Cognos, Commerce, Websphere, Fusion Middleware, Oracle EBS
- Patching, E Business Administration, Cloning, troubleshooting application errors/issues, App and SQL tuning, advanced troubleshooting for Oracle EBS App.
- Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes.
- Perform backup and recovery of databases, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of databases.
- Configuration and maintenance of web-tier infrastructure (Apache, IIS, Solr, etc…)
- May lead the work of others or provide guidance to entry level roles.
- High availability and Disaster recovery – installation and configuration at database layer.
Posted / Updated: