This job opportunity is no longer available.
This page has been archived for your
reference. You can try to continue to this position on the employer's website
or try a new search. Inquiries related
to this position should be directed to the employer.
Be part of our next training class by applying today! OptumRx consists of smart, motivated teams with great chemistry so join us and take the first steps towards your new career.
OptumRx is one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. OptumRx is leading the way in creating change that improves the lives of our customers. You have the desire, the drive, and the dedication to be a part of that change, now you just need the opportunity. OptumRx is committed to making a difference in the lives of those members filling monthly prescriptions by gathering the data and analyzing the impact they have on our customers. This is a great place to start in building a career focused on making an impact in healthcare and the lives of others. This is a great place to start doing your life's best work.
The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for prescription order entry, answering incoming calls, completing outbound calls to / from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity.
This position is full-time (40 hours / week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 - hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8:00 am – 4:30 pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 8509 Benjamin Rd, Tampa, FL, 33634.
- Process member prescriptions or prior authorizations through various computer systems ensuring the accuracy of all data and updating as necessary
- Navigate across multiple computer systems to respond to questions or to provide specific medication details / clinical information
- Receive incoming calls from members or providers; conduct outgoing calls as needed to provide follow - up or consultation such as prior authorization requirements, appeals, etc.
- Apply benefit plan criteria in making decisions (approvals / denials) or recommendations; clarify and explain pharmaceutical benefits and procedures
- Process, pack or ship pharmacy orders to include the counting and dispensing of medications, accurate labeling and packing in appropriate manner for shipment within the required time frames
- Maintain dispensing units ensuring they are filled with correct products, returns products that are no longer valid due to recalls, supply issues, etc.
Posted / Updated: