Be part of our next training class by applying today! OptumRx consists of smart, motivated teams with great chemistry so join us and take the first steps towards your new career.
OptumRx is one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. OptumRx is leading the way in creating change that improves the lives of our customers. You have the desire, the drive, and the dedication to be a part of that change, now you just need the opportunity. OptumRx is committed to making a difference in the lives of those members filling monthly prescriptions by gathering the data and analyzing the impact they have on our customers. This is a great place to start in building a career focused on making an impact in healthcare and the lives of others. This is a great place to start doing your life's best work.
The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for prescription order entry, answering incoming calls, completing outbound calls to / from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity.
This position is full-time (40 hours / week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 - hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8:00 am – 4:30 pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 8509 Benjamin Rd, Tampa, FL, 33634.
- Process member prescriptions or prior authorizations through various computer systems ensuring the accuracy of all data and updating as necessary
- Navigate across multiple computer systems to respond to questions or to provide specific medication details / clinical information
- Receive incoming calls from members or providers; conduct outgoing calls as needed to provide follow - up or consultation such as prior authorization requirements, appeals, etc.
- Apply benefit plan criteria in making decisions (approvals / denials) or recommendations; clarify and explain pharmaceutical benefits and procedures
- Process, pack or ship pharmacy orders to include the counting and dispensing of medications, accurate labeling and packing in appropriate manner for shipment within the required time frames
- Maintain dispensing units ensuring they are filled with correct products, returns products that are no longer valid due to recalls, supply issues, etc.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- State of FL Pharmacy Technician License (PhT)
- 1+ years of pharmacy / prescription data entry experience
- Demonstrated ability in using a computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation (Monday - Friday from 8:00 am - 4:30 pm) including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and / or weekends, as needed
- All new hires will be required to successfully complete Pharmacy Operations training classes and demonstrate proficiency of the material
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT)
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
There are several steps in our hiring process - it’s a thorough process because we want to ensure the best job and culture fit for you and for us. In today’s ultra-competitive job market, the importance of putting your best foot forward is more important than ever. And you can start by completing all required sections of your application. (i.e. profile, history, certifications and application/job questions). Once you submit your resume, you’ll receive an email with next steps. This may include a link for an on-line pre-screening test that we ask you to complete as part of our selection process. You may also be asked to complete a digital video interview, but we will offer full instructions and tips to help you. After you have completed all of these steps, you can check on the status of your application at any time, but you will also be notified via e-mail.
Careers with AxelaCare. Discover a health services career that encourages your professional growth while delivering steadfast commitment to exceptional patient care. That's what you discover at AxelaCare. We were founded by a close group of medical professionals in Lenexa, KS to provide patient-focused, state of the art home infusion services for acute, hemophilia and Intravenous Immune Globulin (IVIG) therapies. Today we collaborate with leading doctors to develop breakthrough technologies for patient outcomes assessment; and we recently joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies. It all reinforces our commitment to empowering people in the pursuit and delivery of exceptional patient care, and creating personalized career paths to discovering your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Insurance, customer service, customer service representative, claims, appeals, call center, phone support, dispute resolution, healthcare, UnitedHealthcare, UnitedHealth Group, Oputm, OptumRX, pharmacy, pharmacy technician, prescription, RX, Pharm Tech, Licensed Pharm Tech, Pharmacy Clerk, Pharm Clerk