This job opportunity is no longer available.
This page has been archived for your
reference. You can try to continue to this position on the employer's website
or try a new search. Inquiries related
to this position should be directed to the employer.
Alternate Locations: Rye Brook, NY (New York)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $222 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2015.
As a Financial Planner Assistant you will support a financial planner’s office. You will be part of a fee-based financial planning practice and will provide client support and administrative assistance to a financial planner. You will provide support including, but not limited to preparation of documents for client meetings, client presentations, client file maintenance, letters to clients, calendar management, new business processing, and general support for the financial planner
- Maintains a “predictable environment” for clients and team members
- Prepares documents and presentations
- Schedules client meetings
- Creates, gathers and organizes collateral for client meetings
- Answers incoming correspondence via phone and email
- Provides fee planning, investment & insurance processing support
- Maintains client records, CRM database and compliance files
- Handles sensitive, confidential, proprietary information with discretion
- Types documents, letters and other memoranda
- Greets and directs visitors and act as the primary resource for internal and external contacts, facilitating a professional image of Lincoln Financial Advisors and The Strategic Private Advisory Group
- Orders supplies and coordinates routine maintenance and repairs to office equipment
- Develops working knowledge of any systems as they may be implemented
- Debriefs with Financial planner(s) following client meetings
- Assists with completion of fee planning contracts, investment and insurance applications, if properly licensed
- Ensures all correct forms are in order, and submits package for underwriting using Redtail and Laserapp
- Works directly with all clients on service questions and changes, handling complex issues and problems with little or no Financial Planner involvement.
- Maintains integrity of client asset record system and vendor lists
- Interfaces with broker/dealer, brokerage, fund companies, custodians and insurance companies
- Familiar with CRM tools
- Completes financial planning input independently, and creates complete programs
- Tracks fees paid and contracts signed. Follows up with clients on outstanding payments
- Assists the Financial Planner(s) in maintaining a compliant practice
- Assists with completion of weekly acknowledgement forms and copies of all correspondence
- Understands and adheres to policies regarding support from wholesalers, compliance approval for documents, proper use of stationery/business cards, and other required procedures
- Assists clients and Financial Planner(s) to the extent possible based on licensing and/or registrations
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent or 3+ years of experience in administrative support that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- 1-3+ years of experience in administrative support that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
- Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions
- Drives performance targets to completion
- Financial Services experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) & Adobe Acrobat (Standard) #LI-POST
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Posted / Updated: