Are you ready to join an exciting, growing and well-established company that honors integrity, recognizes hard work, rewards achievements and fosters career growth? If you are, Highwoods Properties, a large, publicly traded full-service real estate company,
may be your next and best career move. Our company offers a dynamic, fast-paced environment that promotes teamwork, creativity and collaboration. Take the next step and see what Highwoods is all about. Currently, we are seeking a qualified individual to join
us in our Raleigh, NC corporate office as a Pre-Development Manager.
This position will lead and/or assist with project pursuits and conceptual design of projects and partner with the corporate marketing team to orchestrate RFP responses and presentations. Once project is awarded, will orchestrate a smooth transition from
pre-development to development, while preserving and enhancing Highwoods development and building standards. Responsibilities include:
- Oversee pre-development/estimating efforts and effectively lead project teams and foster solutions
- Provide pre-development services for projects
- Develop and maintain strong relations with prospects, customers, designers, general contractors, subcontractors, vendors and other Highwoods team members
- Manage, direct and motivate project teams during the pre-construction phase of projects
- Plan and assist in the pre-development strategy meetings on the approach to the project and/or budget
- Prepare construction/development proposals with best project information attainable prior to bid date
- Lead the coordination of RFP and RFQ response processes
- Demonstrate exceptional presentation and sales skills while assisting and serving on RFP/interview teams
- Provide oversight to architects, engineers and consultants during design, predevelopment process; negotiate professional service agreements
- Review drawings and specifications for completeness of information before pricing
- Assist with bidding/selection of architectural firms
- Manage the preparation of schematic, design development and construction documents
- Assist with bidding construction documents, analyze and select General Contractor
- Assist with obtaining necessary regulatory approvals and permits
- Obtain topographic survey, boundary survey, easement survey, traffic survey, environmental Phase I study, Wetland survey, Riparian Buffer Survey and subsurface investigation reports
- Update and further define Highwoods building standards, continuing to incorporate best-in-class office trends
- Heavily participates in development report card process
- Utilizes the development and entire submittal package report card to analyze prior submittals, using a case study methodology, to identify and recommend pre-development process improvements
Candidates must possess extensive knowledge of commercial Class A office construction, design and costs. Will serve as primary pre-construction lead on projects with minimum oversight. Must be task and detail minded with timely and comprehensive follow
through skills. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written are required with the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization and industry. Position requires someone who is results oriented and methodical about achieving results
and who displays excellent organization and time management skills combined with strong analytical skills. Prior supervisory experience of construction/development projects along with the ability to develop business with new and existing customers is essential.
Domestic travel is required.
B.S. in Construction Management, Construction Engineering or Architecture preferred. Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in development and construction management, managing projects of at least $50M. Management oversight of shell building
and tenant space improvement construction for a developer, owner or general contractor preferred.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
At least 10 year(s)
Posted / Updated: