Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research andadvisory company. We help business leaders across all major functions in every industryand enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the rightdecisions.
Our comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice andproven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-criticalpriorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and hasmore than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100countries.
By pooling thecollective experience of leading executives and world class companies in our member network, we cultivate data and fact-based insightsabout corporate performance. These insights allow us to develop research,analytic tools, and solutions that empower corporate leaders.
We are not a scientificresearch company. We focus on discovering big ideas that impact corporatefunctions, including sales and marketing, finance, technology, legal,procurement, and human resources.
How You Will Make anImpact at CEB is now Gartner:
Research Directors workclosely with C-level executives to identify and produce research that solvecomplex business challenges on a global scale. This includes directingthe scope of the research, identifying and executing on product deliverables –including diagnostics and webinars, and building new content ideas.
You will need to workwith agility to respond to executive needs as they are uncovered and evolve, aswell as partner with commercial and other team members to drive to jointsuccess.
The Research Directorwill manage the research for the CEB Finance product suite which is amembership for innovative CFOs, Finance, Accounting, Tax and Investor Relationsexecutives who want to optimize the performance of their function and business.Our research and insights are rooted in the challenges our members deem mostimportant and span topics that impact your organization's day to day as well aslonger-term strategic initiatives. We employ relationships and learnings fromthe best finance executives to help you and your team save time and make betterdecisions.
As the lead on thisteam, you will:
• Engage executives from Fortune 500 companies to identify theirmost pressing challenges.
• Lead a Research team through CEB’s proprietary research process —including hypothesis generation, primary and secondary research, and root causeanalysis — to identify best-in-class solutions.
• Conduct surveys and focus groups with small businesses; and phoneinterviews with executives, academics, and industry experts to discover bestpractices.
• Lead extensive secondary literature searches and elicit thehighest quality insights for use in white papers, exclusive member webinars,and highly visible research studies.
• Present research findings to senior CEB managers and membercompanies.
• Directly lead, develop, and motivate members of the Researchteam.
• Identify executive needs and develop research and products aroundthem.
• Work across the firm to identify and take advantage ofoverlapping themes and projects.
• Develop and execute on product plan, including research topics,webinars, diagnostics, and other deliverables.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 7 years of research experience
• 7 years of experience in analyzing quantitative and qualitativedata to identify relevant findings
• 7 years of experience conducting primary and secondary researchutilizing qualitative and quantitative data
• Experience creating graphical representations of data
• At least one year experience managing projects
• Experience in leading and managing a team of researchers
• Master’s or PhD in a social science strongly preferred
• Excellent communication and project management skills
• Prior team management experience
• 3 years of project management experience
• Demonstrated ability to teach and relay ideas, engage clients,and work in a team
• Experience communicating complex data through relevant means tosenior leaders
• Prior experience in marketing
Why You Should BeInterested in a Research Career with CEB:
• A unique opportunity to explore your intellectual curiosity whileworking for a global company that is distinguished by the quality of itsinsights.
• An opportunity to work with and learn from truly exceptionalcolleagues, in a collaborative, team-based environment.
• Robust training, support, coaching, mentorship, and on-the-jobdevelopment to achieve career success and advance within the ResearchCommunity.
• A work environment characterized by a Spirit of Generosity, wheresenior leadership encourages staff to give back and make an impact on thecommunities in which we live and work.
Posted / Updated: