This job opportunity is no longer available.
This page has been archived for your
reference. You can try to continue to this position on the employer's website
or try a new search. Inquiries related
to this position should be directed to the employer.
More information about this job Job Description
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. Other responsibilities include:
* Monitors and analyzes resources such as AlienVault; Symantec; data feeds of alerts and logs from firewalls, routers, and other network devices or hosts; and data feeds and/or alerts from CISCO IPS, and other host and network-based IDS/IPS to watch for security violations and determine vulnerabilities
* Conducts initial triage of security events and incidents. Facilitates communication within the SOC and documents progress throughout the Incident Response Lifecycle .
* Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises through reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information
* Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for GDIT Cloud, coordinates with other GDIT SOC and tenant's POC to record and report incidents.
* Communicates alerts to Tenant POC regarding intrusions and compromises to their systems, applications and operating systems.
* Recommends modifications to monitoring tools and identifies opportunities to streamline process.
* Reviews compliance reports and works with engineering staff to document deviations to compliance standards as needed.
* Supports enterprise vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, and compliance tools (Nessus, Tripwire, DBProtect, Acunetix, and others).
* Services and performs scanning for vulnerabilities and compliance to hardening guidelines.
* Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
* Provides support for enterprise SIEM implementation.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
* Participates in On-Boarding new Tenants as required.
* Participates in special projects as required.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Standard shift based business work environment. After hours and weekend work may be required. Flexibility to work on a varied shift rotation is expected. The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. Must be able to lift and carry at least 30-50 lbs. The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for Public Trust.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
2-5 years of related experience in data/system security administration.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Posted / Updated: