About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com
• Advanced knowledge of business processes and procedures on a broad, organizational level.
• Sound to advanced knowledge of business/ organization, Bank standards, infrastructure, architecture and technology in related areas from a design/support/ solutions perspective.
• Subject matter expert in at least one area of discipline and consults with clients/or project teams with respect to all aspects of research, analysis, design, hardware / software support, development of technical solutions and/or testing.
• Works independently in a senior developer role on a diverse range of tasks and may be relied upon to coach / educate others for big data application.
• Assignments are moderately to highly complex and multi-faceted.
• May provide guidance / direction to others within own area of expertise.
• Accountabilities are moderately complex and performed under management guidance.
• Generally reports to a Manager or Senior Manager.
• Undergraduate degree or Technical Certificate
• 5-7 years related experience
• 2-3 years of experience in system administration, information management, system automation and testing.
• 1-2 years of Big Data and Hadoop experience preferred or strong proficiency in Linux shell scripting and Java programming.
• Strong technical understanding of Big Data applications, technologies, and processes.
• Strong understanding of the Hadoop stack (HDFS, Pig, Hive, MapReduce, Sqoop, Spark, etc.), Core Java technologies.
• Strong experience with developing Java applications and enterprise system components.
• Demonstrated experience in process analytics and process flow documentation.
• Experience with Agile concepts and the Atlassian stack (JIRA, Confluence, Stash, GIT) and Jenkins/Nexus.
• Very good understanding of Linux/Unix. Working experience with process automation using Oozie, Linux shell scripting etc.
• Working knowledge with data extraction tools such as Talend Big Data Edition, Podium, ETL and Tableau is preferred.
• Proactive, organized, excellent analytical and problem solving skills with ability to debug/trace Java/Scala code.
• Database experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2 or Oracle.
• Data Warehousing and Dimensional Modeling experience.
Posted / Updated: