This job opportunity is no longer available.
This page has been archived for your
reference. You can try to continue to this position on the employer's website
or try a new search. Inquiries related
to this position should be directed to the employer.
Are you ready to join an exciting, growing and well-established company that honors integrity, recognizes hard work, rewards achievements and fosters career growth? If you are,
Highwoods Properties, a large, publicly traded full-service real estate company, may be your next and best career move. Our company offers a dynamic, fast-paced environment that promotes teamwork, creativity and collaboration. Take the next step and see
what Highwoods is all about. Currently we are seeking a qualified individual to join us in our
Atlanta, GA division as a Senior Maintenance Technician.
Selected individual will independently perform a wide variety of general maintenance repairs related to an assigned portfolio of Class A commercial properties. He or she will
be charged with the primary responsibility for all operations, maintenance and repairs of building structures and equipment for assigned building(s). This individual will represent Highwoods Properties in a professional manner to customers, vendors and the
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the overall maintenance of building, utility, systems and building equipment. Monitors the EMS to make sure the systems are optimally starting to reach tenant comfort level by programmed
start time and check calibration of the sensors on a scheduled basis. Obtain competitive pricing of needed systems, components, and parts to make additions/repairs to building systems and Identifies ways to make enhancements to existing systems. Maintains
contact with system manufacturing representatives on upgrades and modifications. Establishes and update planned maintenance based on the manufacturer recommendation on all building systems. Promotes ongoing work order management and work order system compliance
with staff maintenance technicians, as well as promotes the conservation of energy through proper maintenance of equipment, energy management program and special lighting programs. Establish methods of tracking energy consumption. Responsibilities may include
mentoring maintenance technicians on the following:
- Electrical/electronic, air, pneumatic, heating-venting and air conditioning, water, gas and other facility systems.
- Coordinating the day-to-day maintenance activities of maintenance staff and that of outside vendors and contractors.
- May be asked to act as chief engineer during times when chief engineer is absent.
- Maintain compliance documents in PM files and general compliance binder and keep for 3 years.
- Refers complex situations to the Chief Engineer, performs routine building inspections according to company policy and as assigned by Chief Engineer.
- Supervises periodic testing, servicing, and recording results of cross connection devices.
- Performs minor repair of heating, ventilation, and air condition equipment including some filter changing.
- Monitors water chemical treatment programs for cooling towers and fountains.
- Assists contractors with life safety alarm systems and water-based or dry fire protection systems shut downs and testing, and assists in snow and ice removal and cleaning and repairs after inclement weather.
Posted / Updated: