Manage transmission, substation, distribution, and gas projects consisting of cross-functional teams involving multiple engineering disciplines and multiple construction areas including contract resources. Responsible for managing the scope, schedule, budget, and safety performance of multiple construction projects and programs. Leads project teams through business case / capital approval process, development and execution of project plans and project closeout. These projects have budgets that will typically range from $250K to $15 million. Also, may manage non-construction projects with direct accountability for project execution while leading a team to accomplishing objections within a given time frame and with limited resources.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1 Responsible and accountable for overall project performance for projects including major transmission, substation, distribution, and gas construction, new technology programs, information technology and organizational initiatives.
2 Ensures project costs, schedule and scope are managed, including the development of recovery plans, to stay within approved limits.
3 Interface with external and internal stakeholders to coordinate project requirements.
4 Primary communicator with the sponsor and key stakeholders on project issues, including executive level and interdepartmental presentations.
5 Ensures a good working relationship between the project team, line managers, and interfacing organizations.
6 Coaches and leads team members to ensure completion of assigned tasks.
7 Identify and obtain project team resources.
8 Ensures project team members understand their respective responsibilities.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field and 5 - 8 years project management or related experience, OR High School Diploma and 9 - 12 years of project management or related experience
* Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or achieve CAPM within two years of job entry (PMP certification will fulfill this requirement)
* Demonstrated and documented success at managing projects.
* Ability to work independently and as a team leader including the ability to handle conflicting priorities in a multi task environment
* Demonstrated strong independent judgment skills
* Demonstrated strong interpersonal and time management skills
* Valid driver's license and access to an automobile
* Master's degree in engineering (or advanced technical degree) or Business Administration
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or Professional Engineer License
* Experience or knowledge of the specific functional area or discipline (e.g., Utility design, planning or construction experience)
Experience demonstrating skill performing Project Management activities related to transmission and/or distribution engineering projects.
Pepco Holdings, an Exelon Company, is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of characteristics protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Never Miss an Update - Follow us on Twitter @PHICareers
Posted / Updated: