The Leads Discovery & Optimization Group leverages technology, innovation, and broad scientific knowledge to deliver comprehensive in vitro data packages to support all phases of drug discovery at BMS.
We are seeking a highly motivated and innovative scientist to drive the development and implementation of immunoassays broadly supporting multiple therapeutic areas with a focus on Immunology lead optimization. Applicants must have a deep scientific and technical understanding of immunology techniques to develop cell based screening assays in primary immune cells for lead series identification and optimization across early and late stage drug discovery programs. Further, the candidate will be required to bring strategic insight into program support ensuring robust and innovative solutions and approaches towards the development of high-throughput immunological assays. The incumbent should possess strong collaborative and written/verbal communication skills and a positive attitude to interact with multiple stakeholders. He/she should demonstrate personal leadership within the group, scientific leadership both at the bench and at data analysis, and be adept at multi-tasking. He/she will be expected to lead of team of scientists in the group to drive team success.
Position Overview/Key Responsibilities
• Ph.D. in immunology, pharmacology or equivalent biological science is required with a minimum of 5 years pharmaceutical industry experience.
• The successful candidate will be able to clearly demonstrate a consistent track record of impact on drug discovery programs through the judicious use of science and technology.
• Superior assay design and screening skills as well as experience in the application of modern automation are important assets for this position.
• Extensive knowledge of pharmacology, cell biology, and immunology are required in addition to understanding physiologically relevant models and translational approaches.
• Proven expertise in immune cell signaling and profiling readouts and technologies is required.
• A “cutting edge” awareness of new technology advances and scientific knowledge in the field to apply for program support is essential.
• Ability to create and maintain an effective scientific network through teamwork, excellent problem solving skills and open collaborative style are of critical importance to the success of this role.
• Supervisory experience is essential to lead a group of scientists providing management and scientific support to lab members and promote their career development
• Will be responsible for developing compelling scientific presentations and reports for internal review meetings and scientific journals.