ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent E&P company based on production and proved reserves. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips had operations and activities in 17 countries, $78 billion of total assets, and approximately 12,200 employees as of June 30, 2017. Production excluding Libya averaged 1,503 MBOED for the six months ended June 30, 2017, and proved reserves were 6.4 billion BOE as of Dec. 31, 2016.
Employees across the globe focus on fulfilling our core SPIRIT Values of safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork. And we apply the characteristics that define leadership excellence in how we engage each other, collaborate with our teams, and drive the business.
Responsibilities may include:
The Utility Person may be assigned to work in any department aboard the vessel, and is responsible for housekeeping/sanitation duties in the various areas of the ship. The Utility Person is required to participate in all drills and emergencies, and assists with the enforcement of rules, regulations, and pollution prevention. Overall, the Utility Person assists the deck, engine, and galley crews as needed.
When assigned to the engine department, under direction of the First Assistant Engineer, may be responsible for the following:
- Cleans decks and ladder ways
- Replenishes materials and rag bins, empties trash, organizes tools and stores, paints, and assists with maintenance
- Familiar with engineer room spaces to avoid hazards and take the necessary action in time of emergency
- Learns the plant and machinery operation
- Participates in maintenance and upkeep
- The Utility, when assigned to the deck department under the direction of the Chief Mate, may perform the following duties:
- Performs sanitation duties in the house, passage spaces, common areas, and heads
- Assists with mooring lines when docking and undocking, and with securing the deck for sea
- Assists with cargo operations
- Assists the deck department in the maintenance and upkeep of the areas and equipment assigned to the deck department
The Utility performs the duties of lookout when arriving or departing a port, or whenever required by the Master.
Relocation is not provided for this position.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Willingness and ability to:
- To be away from home for periods in excess of two months
- Push/pull up to 200 pounds
- Lift/carry up to 100 pounds floor to shoulder
- Lift up to 50 pounds to overhead
- Climb Stairs and ladders
- Stand for long periods of time
- Physically attend to vessels including confined space entry and environmental extremes
- Willing and able to climb various ladders and stairs or perform maintenance on equipment are a part of this position. The ladders and stairs range from 5 to 200 feet in height.
- Willing and able to raise and transport articles up to 50 pounds
- Willing and able to walk, stand, stoop, sit, climb, and carry material on a daily basis on even and uneven terrain
- Willing and able to work outside in harsh weather conditions
- Willing and able to work alone a high percentage of the time
- TWIC Card
- RFPNW endorsement on your Merchant Mariner Credentials
- Merchant Mariner's document (Z-card)
This position requires you to have a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC card) to gain access to secure areas of Maritime Transportation Security Act (MTSA) regulated facilities and vessels. Any candidate selected for this position will not be allowed to begin work without a card in hand or proof from the TSA of a card 'In Production' or 'In Transit.' Visit the TSA website www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/twic/index.shtm formore information.
- Endorsement (not barges)
- Tankerman Assistant endorsement (not barges)
- VPDSD endorsement
- Willing and able to work overtime
- Completion of basic safety class
- Previous experience working on a crude oil tanker
- Previous experience working on a product tanker
- Experience in operating a mechanical winch
- Experience in operating a crane
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organized, efficient, and have problem solving skills
- Firefighting training with in the last 5 years
- RFPEW endorsement on your Merchant Mariner Credentials
- Ability to clearly follow instructions, both written and verbal
- Ability to apply common sense to achieve the desired outcomes according to the company’s operating procedures and
- safety protocols
- Organized, efficient and a methodical problem solver
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of December 31, 2017
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Posted / Updated: