Alternate Locations: Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Hartford, CT (Connecticut)
Relocation assistance will be considered/provided for this opportunity within our company guidelines.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
As the VP of MoneyGuard, Underwriting & New Business, you will develop strategies and provide leadership for Individual Life and Long-Term Care (LTC) Underwriting, Risk Management, and New Business Processing for Lincoln’s MoneyGuard insurance products. You will provide highly specialized expertise and thought leadership on long-term business imperatives and challenges, with primary focus on developing relationships to maximize Lincoln’s MoneyGuard business results.
- Provides strategic leadership and direction for the Life and LTC Underwriting & New Business Organization; leads the development of strategies to maximize persistency, profitability, growth, and customer satisfaction.
- Influences, oversees, and leads the development of an overall strategic business plan to set consistent direction for Lincoln’s MoneyGuard business to maximize business results.
- Effectively integrates broader business unit strategic initiatives into the plans & objectives of the Underwriting & New Business Organization.
- Owns, manages, and mitigates life and LTC underwriting risks by understanding mortality and morbidity trends and by ensuring adherence to established risk management philosophies set forth by the Chief Underwriter & Chief Medical Director.
- Partners with senior business leaders across multiple functional areas to manage and mitigate operational risks within the MoneyGuard business.
- Partners with senior & executive management across the business to drive the development and adoption of key decisions and risk management techniques.
- Establishes strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to successfully balance underwriting integrity and business growth.
- Leads all MoneyGuard New Business processing and operations centers in a high volume, time sensitive, and highly regulated environment.
- Collaborates with operational leadership across the enterprise to identify and implement services to provide a consistent and excellent customer experience.
- Ensures that all output from customer-oriented strategic initiatives are linked to the delivery of the overall strategic mission to maximize our service delivery strength.
- Monitors developments in underwriting industries and represents the company on industry and professional committees.
- Oversees the establishment and implementation of underwriting policies and procedures.
- Ensures underwriting practices comply with all company, financial, and industry laws, rules, and regulations.
- 4 Year Bachelor's degree or 4+ years of equivalent work experience
- Industry Designations Preferred: FLMI, CLU, FALU, CLTC (not required)
- 12+ Years of Experience in Underwriting, New Business, and/or Life/Long-Term Care Insurance Products, Claims, Operations, Sales, Marketing or Distribution that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities of this role
- 5+ Years of Experience in Management, Strategy, and Influencing Senior Management and Critical Stakeholders
- Ability to Think Critically: Creating, Cultivating, Selling, and Implementing Strategy with a lens of the Insurance Industry
- Demonstrated strong Operational Management Skills: maintaining operations at maximum efficiency while delighting the customer, coach and lead diverse teams, handle a high level of change management as processes become more automated/digitized.
- Demonstrated strong Risk Management Skills: keen eye for balancing risk, efficiency, and customer experience.
- Demonstrated strong Relationship Management Skills: partner effectively with internal and external key stakeholders, effectively move the business forward.
- Travel Type: National Domestic
- Travel Amount: up to 50%
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Posted / Updated: