This job opportunity is no longer available.
This page has been archived for your
reference. You can try to continue to this position on the employer's website
or try a new search. Inquiries related
to this position should be directed to the employer.
Instrumentation Tech A
Full/Part Time Full Time
Location Hagerstown, MD
''''Unilever works to create a better future every day. We help people feel good, look good and get more out of life with brands and services that are good for them and good for others. Each day, around the world, consumers make 160 million decisions to purchase Unilever products. In the United States, Canada and the Greater Caribbean (Trinidad & Tobago, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico) the portfolio includes brand icons such as: Axe, Becel, Ben & Jerrys, Bertolli, Blue Band, Breyers, Caress, Country Crock, Degree, Dove personal care products, Hellmanns, Klondike, Knorr, Lipton, Omo, Popsicle, Promise, Q-Tips, Skippy, Slim-Fast, Suave, Sunsilk and Vaseline. All of the preceding brand names are registered trademarks of the Unilever Group of Companies. Dedicated to serving consumers and the communities where we live, work and play, Unilever employs more than 13,000 people across North America generating nearly USD10 billion in sales in 2009. For more information, visit www.unileverusa.com.''''
Instrumentation Tech A
1. To toubleshoot, maintain, repair, and calibrate the following: instrumentation, electrical control systems, programmable controllers, electronic motor control systems in the Good Humor Breyers Hagerstown facility.
2. Also perform same duties and adhere to the same requirements as a maintenance mechanic.
1. Must have regular and punctual attendance.
2. Know, understand and follow all plant safety, work rules and procedures.
3. When required, attend and participate in team meetings and training sessions.
4. Wear all protective equipment as required.
5. Maintain cleanliness in the work area, leaving work area clean for oncoming shift.
6. Understand and follow all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
7. Must understand plant electrical systems.
8. Must notify a member of management of any abnormalities to the above mentioned systems.
9. Will use the proper safety precautions when working on electrical equipment such as lock out/tag out.
10. Investigate and install equipment modifications/improvements to increase machine safety, efficiency, and reduce downtime.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by management.
1. Will be working with electrical systems.
2. Will have to climb ladders and steps.
3. Must work in hot and cold environment at times such as freezer where temperatures are 18 55 below F.
4. Must be able to do heavy lifting. Maximum weight will be determined by the size and ability of employee to lift objects in a safe manner. Lifting requirements can be up to 80 lbs., occasionally more, with help.
5. Will be working with power tools.
6. Will work inside or outside the facility.
7. May have to work in high noise areas, such as the engine room.
8. Will be working in shop areamay be exposed to flying debris due to grinding, welding, or machining of parts.
9. Can be working with sharp objects, such as knives, pliers, and wirestrippers.
10. Must be able to work at different heights.
11. Must be available for overtime as needed.
1. Must possess a minimum of a related 2-year technician degree or 5 years of related experience in an industrial environment.
2. Will be required to pass the appropriate C-Level test upon entry, and pass the appropriate A-Level test after completing 6 months training.
3. Must be able to use and read all electrical test equipment.
4. Must be able to perform detailed troubleshooting of electrical systems.
5. Must be able to read and understand wiring schematics and PLC ladder logic.
6. Must follow all of the required procedures for inventory control in the parts room.
7. Must have experience in troubleshooting, programming, and repairing programmable controllers.
8. Must have understanding of computer systems and Company computer policies.
9. Must be able to wire controls and equipment.
10. Troubleshoot, program, repair, and calibrate instrumentation equipment.
11. Must have qualifications as a maintenance mechanic and perform similar duties. (See Maintenance Mechanic Job )
12. Must have good math skills.
13. Ability to be trained and maintain certification to operate a forklift.
14. Ability to be trained and maintain certification to enter confined spaces.
15. Ability to be trained and maintain certification in lockout/tagout procedures.
16. Requires bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting and stretching intermittently.
17. Ability to be trained and follow all safety rules and procedures.
18. Will be responsible for providing his/her own hand tools, as those on the suggested tool list. Company will furnish tools that are needed but not included on the suggested list.
19. Can be assigned to perform all job tasks in lower classification within department.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and assessment. If the assessment is filled out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the assessment at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
''''Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.''''
Apply to this job
Add to job basket
Send job to a friend
View similar jobs
Posted / Updated:
4/24/2012 3:45:08 AM