This job opportunity is no longer available.
This page has been archived for your
reference. You can try to continue to this position on the employer's website
or try a new search. Inquiries related
to this position should be directed to the employer.
- High level counsel to SVP, OVCE in the execution of deliverables in support of Member Value and Social Impact plans as they relate to volunteer and civic engagement. Serves as departmental liaison for designated key internal functional and planning groups, such as: Social Impact, Member Value, the Foundation, Brand, Communications, Knowledge Management, O&;S, AARP State Offices, AARP Services, IT, HR. Serves as OVCE representative as appropriate on Association task forces.
- Manages coordination of one or more functional areas in support of overall departmental needs. Support includes implementing and monitoring systems, policies, and procedures that ensure the ongoing informational, governance, communication and administrative needs of the group are met.
- Assesses collaboration and partnership opportunities with internal units. Serves as a liaison to internal stakeholders. Assists with identifying and analyzing issues, problems, and effective strategies.
- Develops specific strategies and plans for communicating about the Office of Volunteer and Civic Engagement and its initiatives to key internal audiences, including high-level presentations to volunteer, staff leaders, senior level management, Board, Committees and key internal and external partner.
- Assesses and responds to substantive sensitive and confidential issues; manages high level action requests, in conjunction with the Senior Vice President.
- Identifies and proposes solutions for various issues related to designated areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrates ;One AARP; attributes and behaviors in all interactions.
Part-Time position working 3 days a week (24 hours)
Completion of a Bachelor''s degree in a related discipline and minimum 6 years of progressively responsible experience in program/project development and implementation, and communications; or an equivalent combination of training and experience related to the duties of the position.
Demonstrated experience in high-level representational and liaison function with internal and external organizations.
Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously within a continually changing environment.
Requires ability to be creative, to analyze information, to develop, communicate and implement strategies. Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver on metrics for measuring success in key initiatives and programs.
Requires excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to develop and nurture internal/external relationships; excellent interpersonal, presentation and partnership development skills.
Posted / Updated:
2/12/2011 2:39:39 AM