This job opportunity is no longer available.
This page has been archived for your
reference. You can try to continue to this position on the employer's website
or try a new search. Inquiries related
to this position should be directed to the employer.
We are currently seeking a Data Center Operations Engineer to serve as a technical resource within our mission critical Data Centers. The position will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels of Data Center Engineering Operations. Due to the scale of our Data Centers, which are quickly increasing in Server/ Network Demand, maintaining a high level of integrity has become more than current staffing can manage on their own. His/her involvement will have direct and immediate impact on improving the resiliency, efficiency and capacities of our facilities in an effort to better manage our capital by driving costs to the floor.
* Assisting in the operation, and maintenance of all electrical, mechanical, and HVAC equipment within the Data Center/Facility
* This equipment supports mission-critical servers and must maintain better than 99.999% uptime
* Assist in maintenance and monitoring of all Data Center systems to include incidents/events, problems, changes, monitoring, problem escalation/notification/resolution and all other aspects of Data Center support
* Monitoring and troubleshooting of all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, voice/data, chiller systems and generators
* Provides assistance to contractor or data center engineer to ensure proper operation and maintenance of all facility equipment covered under level I plus areas in which they are certified such as making and running fiber optic, electrical certification, HVAC repair (training/certification), UPS and or generator certifications and training
* Provides assistance to contractor or data center engineer to deploy new equipment, such as, building racks, cabling, and other tasks as necessary
Responds to internal Rack customer maintenance, repair and additions/expansion requests through the ticketing system
* Operates under minimal supervision
* Perform site walkthroughs to verify proper operation of Facility Equipment and Monitoring Systems
* Maintain changes in state in Mission Critical infrastructure in support of corrective/ preventive maintenance
* Test quality, performance, safety, and reliability of products, equipment, processes
In addition to acting as Facilities First Responder to critical events, this individual will also be responsible for providing leadership and project management in relation to start up of new data center facilities and upgrade existing data center facilities. He/she will lead efforts between architecture, technical, negotiation, and other teams to develop specifications, designs, and cost estimates for future data center projects. This individual will continue to maintain high reliability and performance while keeping operating costs in facilities at a minimum.
A100, part of the Amazon group of companies is an equal opportunity employer.
* Ability to solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
* Aptitude for trouble shooting and problem solving.
* Ability to maintain SLAs through the implementation of proactive issue detection immediate response.
* Ability to write, oversee and follow support procedures, system documentation, and issue tracking entries.
* Shows good judgment and instincts in decision making.
* Ability to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
* Able to demonstrate their ability to take ownership of technical issues brought to them by their customer base. If they are unable to resolve certain issues by themselves, can demonstrate a willingness to actively engage other support teams to drive it to resolution.
* Knowledge of service level electrical and mechanical system.
* BSEE or Technical Degree
* 3-5 Years Experience in Data Center Engineering/ Operations
- Job Id:
Posted / Updated:
7/4/2012 5:19:12 AM