Division: Easterseals Southern California
Send resume to:
Email: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Under limited supervision, this position provides quality and program management, and provides clinical supervision and work direction to Program Managers and Interventionists. The Regional Trainer also provides discipline-specific treatment for children with development delays, disabilities, and autism spectrum disorders (ASD). This position is also responsible for development and delivery of training materials on organizational products, processes and technologies so as to ensure that team members develop, maintain, and increase their own clinical and/or process knowledge.
- Partners with department heads to identify areas of concern and areas for improvement to provide and coordinate competency-based staff training. Attends staff meetings, in-services, trainings, and other meetings as requested, in addition to traveling within and across the organizational region(s).
- Manages training system and records. Collaborates with Training and Quality Team and ensures training content meets program goals. Recommends, develops and oversees updates to existing training materials for continuous improvement in course and program content.
- Manages and facilitates behavior programs based on the ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) principles; Conducts behavior assessments and functions as an Assessor as needed; Provides parent education, develops and delivers specific intervention activities based on the participants treatment plan, and monitors development of individuals being served in natural settings. Supervises interventionists, which may include some direct therapist hours. Manages and oversees accurate documentation, reports, and program records.
- Remains current regarding new research, current trends and developments in organizational behavior management, behavior analysis, training, autism, special education, and related fields.
- Typically requires a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in early childhood education/development, early childhood special education, special education, psychology, behavior analysis, or related field, and 5 to 7 years of experience working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorders in a multi-disciplinary team setting, or the equivalent combination of training, education and experience to perform the job successfully.
- A Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) Certification is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with behavior analysis teaching/training techniques used in organizational settings.
- Demonstrated expertise in approaches to intervention based on the science of Applied Behavior Analysis. Competent in employing and directing behavior analytic methodologies including Pivotal Response Training (PRT), Natural Environment Teaching (NET), Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) Behavior Skills Training (BST), and experimental functional analysis (EFA).
- Demonstrated knowledge of scientifically-validated methodologies and approaches found to benefit individuals with ASD; familiar with current related research findings.
- Knowledge of the field of early intervention, and other community resources and agencies that serve individuals with ASD.
- Strong clinical, administrative, and leadership skills, with the ability to maintain customer service orientation and professionalism in all interactions, and demonstrate good judgement, decision-making, and communication skills with a variety of individuals and groups, while exercising discretion and maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively, through oral and written skills, and work cooperatively with a variety of individuals, groups, and all levels of staff throughout the organization.
- Ability to interpret and implement policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Expert knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and related computer software.
- Ability to relate well with children and their families.
- Ability to maintain valid CPR certification, as well as valid CA driver license, safe driving record, and proper auto insurance/vehicle registration.
- Ability to travel within and across regions with reliable transportation.
5 to 7 years
Posted / Updated: