This job opportunity is no longer available.
This page has been archived for your
reference. You can try to continue to this position on the employer's website
or try a new search. Inquiries related
to this position should be directed to the employer.
Alternate Locations: Philadelphia, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance will be considered/provided for this opportunity within our company guidelines.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
The Database Developer designs, creates, deploys and manages databases in the market risk management (MRM) division. The senior database developer focuses on the development and support of MRM’s SQL Server and MySQL databases, databases architecture, standards, programing, and optimization techniques. This position will work closely with a small team of quantitative and risks systems developers situated in our Philadelphia offices
- Provide direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identify and direct the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Demonstrate strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, colleagues and peers and can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across the department for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Consult and collaborate to ensure project designs comply with the data management best practices while solving for business requirements. Consult and collaborate in engagements regarding new and existing applications, environments or processes.
- Lead collaboration efforts with development teams to review, update and approve the data portion of project designs, participate in cost/benefit analysis and preparation of project plans.
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors)
- Advanced degree in Applied Mathematics, Business Analytics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science or related fields is a plus.
- 5+ years' experience in the following:
- T-SQL and MySQL programming experience for systems in financial industry.
- Database architecture and design; developing conceptual, logical, physical data models; relational databases; data warehouses and processes.
- SQL Server 2005 -2012 component services (e.g. SSIS, SSAS and SSRS).
- Oracle MySQL Server, SQL Server database administration experience.
- Experience writing complex data migration procedures.
- Experience importing and exporting batch data from non-sql data-sources such as Excel, and large delimited flat files; and experience with ETL/ELT tools and techniques.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving database integrity and performance issues.
- Proven track record to drive rapid prototyping and design for new projects and analytic R&D environments, with the ability to translate broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Posted / Updated: