About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Requisition ID: 10771
Job Title: Research Associate I – Feng Lab
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Principal Investigator, or designee, the Research Associate I performs a variety of routine and increasingly complex research experiments.
- Utilizing laboratory equipment and established protocols, perform a variety of experiments including cell culture, biochemical assays, immunological assays and in vivo experiments. Record and validate results for accuracy and completeness.
- Maintain records of work performed including results and methodology; Write standard operating procedures and reports; analyze data obtained from the experiments.
- Develop techniques and expertise in one or more areas relevant to cancer immunology projects in the laboratory.
- Provide assistance with laboratory organizations and ensure that all laboratory activities are carried out in compliance with safety procedures and guidelines in handling, storage and disposal of materials.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor of Science degree in chemical or biological sciences.
- 0-2 years of research/laboratory experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Posted / Updated: