PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Performs advanced technical/engineering problem solving in support of nuclear plant operations while acting as a resource and technical expert to engineers. Responsible for technical decisions. Possesses excellent knowledge in functional discipline and its practical application and has detailed knowledge of applicable industry codes and regulations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide in-depth technical expertise to develop, manage and implement engineering analysis, activities and programs.
- Provide technical expertise and consultation through direct involvement and as a subject matter expert when consulted to identify and resolve equipment and system problems.
- Directly fulfill engineering and technical leadership accountability regarding short-term and long-term programs that impact site operations.
- Perform engineering tasks as assigned by supervision applying engineering principles.
- Accountable for the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of work ensuring proper configuration management and assuring that standard design criteria, practices, procedures and codes are used in preparation of plans and specifications.
- Perform independent research, reviews, studies and analyses in support of technical projects and programs.
- Recommend equipment, new concepts and techniques to improve performance, simplify construction, reduce costs, correct design or material flaws, or comply with changes in codes or regulations.
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent Technical degree
- Minimum of 7 years experience with 1 year as an Engineer 3
- 7 or more years solid performance (last year in top half of Engr 3 band) with demonstration of FLS competencies
- Commercial nuclear power plant experience
- Professional engineer registration
- Advanced technical degree or related coursework
Posted / Updated: