The Commercial Analytics (CA) team provides a wide range of analytical support and services to the commercial organization and its embedded functions and to our corporate customers. The Structuring team, which is an integral part of CA, provides valuations, analytics and risk assessments for new, structured transactions as well as general analytical support to commercial teams managing existing transactions and portfolios. A key requirement for the Structuring position is a candidate that can take on a wide breadth of responsibilities such as valuation analytics, portfolio analysis, booking and settlement logistics – essentially the entire life cycle of the deal. The candidate should be well versed in concepts related to options, simulation modeling and risk assessment. The candidate must also effectively communicate recommendations to a wide variety of audiences, including senior management.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Development of pricing models and analytical techniques for valuation of fuels transactions
- Valuation and structuring of fuels transactions and interaction with traders, originators, and other support areas
- Provide valuation support for the Corporate Support team in relation to M&A and other corporate commercial activities
- Support the Retail Pricing team in terms of pricing models and processes, wholesale cost of supply, quantification of risk and transaction approval oversight
- Work with the traders in the development of hedging strategy decisions that support he entire life cycle of transaction
- Work closely with Wholesale Trading, Portfolio Management, Risk and FP&A on budgeting, variance analysis, and portfolio risk.
Qualifications POSITION SPECIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Math, Physics, Economics or a related field.
- 5+ years experience in quantitative or financial valuation role in the energy industry
- Be familiar with probability theory, calculus, and numerical techniques
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including verbal and written.
- Phd or MBA
- Experience with stochastic calculus concepts
- Self-starter looking to improve existing processes and models
Posted / Updated: