Because we’re hoping you’re here for the latter.
Who are we?
We Are PRA.
We are 13,000+ employees strong, operating in more than 85 countries. We are committed to saving lives and we are constantly striving to be the best at what we do. Our impact is real and we see it every single day. We help get life-saving drugs into the hands of those who need them most.
Who are you?
Are you a recent Medical Assistant Grad looking for experience? Or maybe a skilled CNA, EMT, or Phlebotomist, looking to use your skills in an ever-changing environment? Or, a healthcare professional looking for a career that can impact the lives of millions? Still with me? Good! Then an opportunity as a Medical Research Associate in our Clinical Research Organization is the career for you!
What will you be doing?
In short, you will be responsible for meeting/greeting clinical research volunteers as they come into the clinic, checking their vitals (height, weight, blood pressure, BMI), and essentially making sure the study participants are healthy enough to participate in the clinical trial according the protocol of a study.
- Screen potential subjects.
- Performs basic medical procedures according to protocol for specified study participants, including but not limited to informed consent, vital signs, Height,/Weight/BMI measurements, meals, water fast, phlebotomy (straight stick/draw from IV catheters), finger stick blood sugar, ECGs, UA, UDS, urine collection, fecal collection, pulse oximetry, AE/ConMed assessment , obtain medical history and assists with Investigational Product accountability
- Ensures all study activities/procedures (during screening and clinical procedures) are completed on schedule and in accordance with the protocol, the FDA and the IRB requirements.
- Performs non-medical activities such as distribution of scrubs, locks, DVDs, movies, games, front desk tasks (screening centre) etc.
- Monitors subject safety.
- Reports equipment malfunctions and may assist with specified equipment maintenance and stocking of supplies.
- Performs general housekeeping duties as needed, including cleaning and making dorm beds, wiping down bedside tables, organizing subject resting and entertainment areas, cleaning screening exam rooms, etc.
- Assist with study setup activities and perform check-in and check-out activities.
- (Interacts with clients when appropriate (following proper communication path if needed) and ) perform/collect volunteer surveys
- Complete training activities required for Level I.
- Learn mentor/training activities with assigned mentor if applicable.
- Attend staff meetings, briefings, etc
- Explain and enforce / maintain subject house rules
- Warn appropriate staff in case of medical emergency
- Accurately documents all study procedures on CRF/SDs.
- Resolve data queries within 24hr period
What do you need to have?
- Read, write, and speak English; fluent in host country language required.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Undergraduate degree in a clinical, health- related area and/or minimum 1 year of equivalent work experience with similar position
- 1+ years work experience in a medical or clinical field preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS)/Phlebotomist Certification preferred
- Medical Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant, Certified Medication Aide, Telemetry Technician, or Laboratory Technician preferred.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
PRA is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to providing opportunities to minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
At least 1 year(s)
Posted / Updated: