To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day. Responsibilities
This position will be the Manager Financial Planning and Budget Manager, reporting to the Director of Operational and Strategic Finance. This job will be responsible for cost accounting across the health system, YNHH, BH, GH and NEMG. This person will oversee the maintenance of the cost accounting system, and is responsible for its data integrity across the health system. This person will also have additional responsibilities related to analytics and service line financial delivery. This position will look to develop enhancements in the Cost Accounting System and work directly with the vendor as needed. Serves as technical lead for the Financial Planning and Budget team and works as the liaison with other departments such as JDAT and ITS.
- 1. Manages monthly processing of Cost Accounting at YNHH, BH, GH and NEMG as processed by the analysts dedicated to each organization.
- 2. Work to streamline processes across the 4 organizations to ensure a system wide approach to cost accounting.
- 3. Coordinates and motivates staff while maintaining effective relationships that demonstrate respect and sensitivity.
- 4. Review Monthly cost accounting reports at each org to ensure accuracy. Work with analysts as needed to correct issues.
- 5. Lead and facilitate the Flex process as needed. Work to implement the flex processing tool across the health system.
- 6. Proactively engage in ways to improve cost accounting whether with the vendor or the various Finance Service Line Administrators.
- 7. Leads the Cost Account team in efforts to assist Service Line Finance Administrators in development of business plans, volume reports, or other data needs in support of the Clinical Service Line Coordinators at the Health System.
- 8. Ensure monthly close data is accurate for the financial statements as needed. Work with the analysts to ensure timing is met and accurate reporting is accomplished
- 9. Manages projects for large requests for Cost Accounting (DSS) data from outside sources including Revenue, Reimbursement, Corporate Finance, and outside sources from the organization such as consultants.
- 10. Continuously work with Reimbursement on the Smoothing Process to create increasingly accurate Net Revenue data from the Cost Accounting system.
- 11. In all matters, conducts oneself in accordance with Yale New Haven Health System's core values.
- 12. Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
Seven years of progressive experience in information technology systems and/or healthcare finance including experience in cost accounting, database management, and/or financial analytics.
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with all levels within the Organization. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and written. Strong analytical skills and the ability to organize prioritize and direct multiple projects. Must exercise creativity and initiative in making recommendations with the ability to influence the thinking of others. Knowledge of the hospital industry and health care environment required.
Posted / Updated: