For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job. Job Description
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life‐threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North America, Europe and Australia.
We have the following exciting opportunity in our Foster City, CA location:
Commercial Contracts, Contract Development
BOCC (Business Operations Contracts Compliance)
Essential Duties and Job Functions
The Manager is an important role within the Business Operations and Contract Compliance organization. This position develops drafts, analyzes, negotiates and gains the necessary approvals for commercial managed care contracts.
- Works closely with partners in field account management, including national and regional account managers as well as payer strategy teams. Leads review of contract proposals and ensures alignment with contract strategies and business objectives.
- Reviews and gains approvals for all key contract terms and conditions with key internal stakeholders.
- Responds to various partner/stakeholder questions and inquiries regarding contract terms and conditions
- Ensures execution of approved and finalized managed market contracts, including timely handoff to other internal partners.
- Ensures all contract data and information is appropriately entered into CLM tool.
- Technical and business expertise – Shares expertise with cross functional partners. Builds and maintains strong relationships with partners both internal and external
- Communication – Listens well. Expresses ideas fluently and logically. Is open to input an can be depended on for truthfulness
- Managing change – Accepts change as a positive and adapts accordingly
- Teamwork and collaboration – Creates an atmosphere of openness and trust. Collaborates, offers support and encouragement
- Achieving results – Is goal driven and persistent. Is accountable for meeting commitments and recognizes the contribution of others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline
- MBA is a strong plus
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- 3 years of contract drafting experience
- Previous contract development or related experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of current policies and guidelines that affect contracts, pricing, rebates in a managed care environment
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding objectives and goals, both individual and team.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion. For jobs in France:
Conformément à la Loi « Informatique et Libertés » (06/01/78), nous vous informons du fait que les données personnelles renseignées pourront faire l'objet d'un traitement informatique par Gilead et pourront être transmises aux Organismes Sociaux. Par ailleurs, vous disposez d'un droit d'accès, de rectification et de suppression des données vous concernant. Vous pouvez exercer ce droit en contactant: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Posted / Updated: