Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
- All responsibilities listed under National CMTS Associate Engineer & Engineer position as well items listed below.
- Diagnose highly complex problems and design long term fixes.
- Propose best operational practices and processes to customers, internal teams and senior management teams.
- Ensure proper follow up to highly complex fixes to include but are not limited to proposed changes in existing network design and or architectures, best processes for new project and initiatives.
- Must take on leads for any new network platforms introduced into production environments and determine all operational validations tests and requirements.
- Prepare written reports and other technical documentation necessary to communicate ideas, concepts, and details necessary to accomplish specific goals
- Contribute and lead the definition of operational and support requirements for new network related technologies and products.
- Constantly proactively manage and monitor all production National CMTS environments for any issues using all tools and resources available.
- Proactively/actively monitor all network related issues using all tools available.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair complex DOCSIS related impairments.
- Actively work with engineering groups and teams to ensure proper understanding of all National CMTS initiatives.
- Ability to travel to other Comcast based locations across nation for Operational support.
- Must perform operational guidance towards other members of the National CMTS.
- Must have ability to mentor others within the National CMTS team.
- Proactively design and develop technical solutions for unforeseen issues in network infrastructure.
- Plan and coordinate technical meetings to support company initiatives.
- Provide complex training for other peer groups on new and existing technologies.
- Provide escalation path for lowered Tiers and outside groups for all network National CMTS issues.
- Create and define operational tool requirements for all Operations group.
- Provides advanced technical guidance and detailed support for National CMTS teams.
- Must obtain and maintain a detailed understanding of CDV (VoIP) traffic and application flows.
- Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance.
- Ability to work in a 24 x 7 environment, all shifts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years work experience in ISP/MSO environment.
- At least 7 years of detailed hands-on troubleshooting of complex large scale CMTS /RF/ TCP/IP networks with a minimum of-two years in an ISP/MSO like environment.
- Extremely well developed communication skills and a customer-centric attitude.
- Advanced knowledge of the following routing protocols: DOCSIS1/2/3,ISIS,RIP,OSPF,BGP,SNMP,HSRP,IPv6, Multicast and other management defined protocols.
- Advanced understanding of ACLs, prefix lists, firewalls and other security methods and best practices.
- Advanced Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, IP Provisioning and IP Management
- Advanced knowledge of IPv6, VoIP/PacketCable, DOCSIS, and DSCP.
- Knowledge for QoS/DSCP infrastructure in support of VoIP services/products.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex network related problems escalated from other organizations within the company.
- Define operational support requirements for new network related technologies and products.
- Ability to review and create technical changes for accuracy and recommend changes to support operational guidelines.
- Provide complex technical training to lower Tiered groups.
- Detailed knowledge of Unix, Linux and Solaris operating systems.
- Advanced knowledge of highly complex network infrastructures and multiple products residing on them.
- Bachelor of Science or Applied Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, (Masters preferred) or 10 years military and/or industrial Engineering experience.
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Posted / Updated: