Senior Product Manager – Talent Assessment
Location: Arlington, VA
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for leading the development and execution of the product line vision and strategy for the Application Analytics product within the Talent Assessment organization. This includes surfacing and launching new products, driving product enhancements and establishing and achieving ambitious outcomes through coordinated execution with stakeholders across the Talent Assessment business.
What products would you work on?
The CEB Talent Assessment business as a whole includes products that help companies make better decisions when it comes to recruiting, assessing and aligning talent for their organization. Products have analytics, benchmarking, and prescriptive guidance built-in, and we are focused on optimizing them for specific market segments / geographies, platforms, expanding third party integrations and improving user experience and visual design. The Application Analytics product provides clients with statistical models which predict job fit and success for new hire candidates based on application form / resume information. This product line primarily serves clients in the Volume/Entry markets, and benefits those companies through superior post-hire outcomes and improved efficiency in the hiring process.
What does success look like?
• You are market-led: You understand your market segment and voraciously work to guide the product roadmap to ensure the Application Analytics product’s value proposition and capabilities align with the existing and emerging needs of the market. You make decisions quickly and ensure there’s continual progress toward milestones. You ruthlessly prioritize needs and requests coming from multiple directions in order to maximize the value to clients and our business.
• Product expert and evangelist: You quickly understand the statistical approaches and systems underpinning the Application Analytics product and can articulate them to both technical and non-technical audiences. Furthermore, you are able to tie these concepts to the practical realities of clients’ hiring needs, systems capabilities, and regulatory considerations. As a cutting-edge product in a new category, you are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and can quickly synthesize information to guide decision-making.
• Collaborate with business stakeholders: You actively listen to strategy and needs from colleagues in sales and professional services roles as well as other product managers with products/capabilities which may provide opportunities for integrated solutions. You transform those inputs into product designs, discrete features and requirements (while not losing sight of the higher priority market needs), and then keep the teams informed and involved throughout the product development process with excellent communication skills.
• Work well with technology teams: While you might not have statistical modeling or programming experience, you are savvy about technology, statistical concepts, understanding databases, cloud-based software, web development, etc. You are not afraid to have interactive discussions with your Application Analytics technical team or development team counterparts in order to ensure that short and long term roadmap requirements are achieved.
• Design for users: You communicate directly and regularly with internal and external stakeholders to fully understand their workflows, mindsets, and experiences using our products. You serve as a voice of the customer, incorporating client feedback into requirements, designs and feature roadmaps. You work closely with your User Experience and Design counterparts to deliver a high quality user experience.
• Leadership and coaching: You have strong verbal and written leadership skills and are able to mentor a group of Product Managers to build high quality products while nurturing the professional growth of your team. You lead by example and are a member of the team, including acting as an individual contributor to the product development process.
• Define multi-year product vision and strategy based on a deep understanding of the target market to support the current and future growth of the Application Analytics product
• Helping set and achieve product level financial goals
• Develop a world-class approach to continuously identifying customer, competitor, technology, business model and market trends to discover and validate urgent and pervasive market problems
• Collaborate with Application Analytics technical team members who directly oversee algorithm development and systems integration to ensure existing and future business needs are met.
• Develop Business and Market Requirement documents, and partner with Platform Product Management to develop Product Requirement documents, including defining and prioritizing features, specifications, and user stories
• Leverage techniques such as personas, stakeholder maps, customer journey maps, customer lifecycle maps, and user story mapping to develop and refine new product concepts
• Develop product sketches and wireframes as part of product discovery
• Serve as the champion of the customer experience and partner with UX/Design, Product counterparts and Professional Services to deliver delightful user experiences across all customer touchpoints
• Present to Customer Advisory Boards to test new product concepts and growth hypotheses
• Act as owner and collaborate with prospects, customers, Platform Product Management, UX/Design, Data Science, Technology, Sales, Product Marketing, Professional Services, Finance and Legal organizations on product strategy, product positioning, pricing, profitability, sales enablement and go-to-market strategy
Posted / Updated: