This job opportunity is no longer available.
This page has been archived for your
reference. You can try to continue to this position on the employer's website
or try a new search. Inquiries related
to this position should be directed to the employer.
Transform health care and change the way consumers engage with technology.
Sounds like a big challenge, right? Here, at Optum, you have the opportunity to achieve great things while you showcase your passion and technical expertise as an Applications Developer. You'll be inspired by working alongside some of the most brilliant minds in technology who bring compassion, energy and focus to their work every day on a mission to change health care as we know it. Join us! Come share who you are and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Our team provides data analytics that identify overpayments or recoveries for Data Mining, Coordination of Benefits, and Fraud Waste and Abuse. These recovery algorithms are executed for Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial clients and are developed in SAS within a UNIX environment primarily utilizing an Oracle data mart built primarily for these efforts.
The purpose of the SAS Application and Operations Developer is to support the departments under Optum Data Management (ODM) including Data Mining, Coordination of Benefits, Fraud Waste and Abuse Analytic Recovery Identification Teams. This position plays a major role in the development and implementation of core business systems and processes. This role supports diverse work efforts including SAS Development, SAS Operations, SAS BI Self-Service Development, and SAS Data Visualizations using SAS Visual Analytics.
- Development of new and maintenance of existing SAS Analytics Algorithms to identify recovery opportunities in Audit Recovery, Coordination of Benefits, and Fraud Waste Abuse and Error
- Development of new and maintenance of existing SAS Self-Service processes that allow users to fulfill requests in an automated fashion using SAS Business Intelligence tools
- Development of new and maintenance of existing SAS Data Visualization to convey information in a visual interactive fashion using SAS Visual Analytics
- Support of Production Operations across all the areas above
- Provide realistic effort estimates and project timelines for development and maintenance projects
- Interpret business requirements and functional specifications and create technical design and technical specifications documents
- Develop and test SAS processes based on the business requirements
- Conduct data extraction and research studies that may include analyzing, reviewing, trending, and presenting information, based on provided specifications, to support ad hoc data request
- Conduct analyses of data elements within existing source data mart schemas
- Analyze healthcare claims from different data sources and identify data integrity issues
- Monitor and trouble shoot SAS Analytics and job failures following existing standard structures and provide a resolution plan for the job recovery process
- Work with business engagement leaders and technical analysts to develop new and modify existing process documentation and templates
- Performance tuning of central SAS resources and programs to reduce process times and improve efficiency
- Contribute to knowledge sharing, ideas and information relating to SAS technologies and be a key technical expert within the team
- Continually identify deficiencies in production processes, propose enhancements, and then implement those enhancements to increase productivity or reduce effort
- Performs all other operation related duties as assigned
Posted / Updated: