Product Marketing Manager – Microsoft Azure
Are you excited about the new direction of Microsoft and the company-wide commitment to embrace open source technologies? Are you excited about Azure and Microsoft's differentiated vision in the cloud market? With over 1 in 3 VMs in Azure running Linux, and strong momentum for key open source technologies provided by partners like Red Hat, CoreOS, Docker, DataStax and others, this is a great time to join Azure to help us transform our approach to open source in the cloud.
The Azure Platform Services and Open Source team is looking for an open source (OSS) subject matter expert that can drive results at scale, supporting Azure’s business strategy of customer acquisition and adoption of OSS workloads on Azure.
In this role, you will be representing an audience and market segment of the overall Azure + OSS strategy and will design a business and go-to-market plan including OSS technology partners to drive results for our business priorities. This includes direct community and industry engagement, world-class content delivered at scale and supporting the field in securing OSS customer wins.
As part of representing a segment of the OSS market, you will engage closely with engineering teams to ensure our products and offerings address the needs of OSS target customers and differentiate from the competition. Influencing product direction and investments will be a key part of your role; therefore, OSS technical and market expertise along with ongoing engagement with the community are essential.
The ideal candidate seeks challenges, has a strong track record of driving results in a changing environment and has proven success collaborating across teams. Additionally, you have experience bringing technology to market and operating with at-scale engines, building messaging and storytelling, assessing results of marketing activities and building competitive market insights and materials to influence product and business direction and support field teams.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
• Partner closely with engineering teams across the company to ensure our OSS offerings on Azure address the target customer needs and are differentiated versus competitors’ offerings.
• Design, develop and maintain positioning and messaging for Azure + OSS workloads and content for internal and external resources across customer lifecycle stages, and Direct, Field and Partner go-to-market channels
• Drive go-to-market strategy and investments in key OSS focused partners in collaboration with Integrated Marketing, Developer Experience ISV, C+E Business Development, Engineering, and other stakeholders
• Ensure appropriate landing in market of 1st/3rd party products and innovation related to the area of expertise, including maintaining flight plans and roadmap, driving disclosures and alignment across functions (PR, Engineering, Marketing, etc.)
• Be a subject matter expert in your area of expertise for Microsoft, including the industry landscape, technical sentiment and engagement opportunities, as well as being an active participant in internal & external knowledge communities and commit to continue developing technical and leadership skills
Key Attributes and Qualifications
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in roles such as technical product marketing or sales, evangelism, program management, etc.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
• Subject matter expert in OSS technologies, with customer- and community-facing experience, as demonstrated by exposure at events and industry forums and active open source community participation and verifiable contributions
• Experience working with product teams and bridging communication between business and technical stakeholders, and proven success driving collaboration across teams
• Proven results bringing technology to market in a changing industry environment, including articulating measures of success
• A working understanding of go-to-market fundamentals, such as channel mix and scale engines, is desirable
• Degree in computer science or related area strongly encouraged.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Posted / Updated: