Alternate Locations: Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
As the ERM Operational Risk Senior Consultant, working with all areas of risk, lines of businesses, and functional areas, s/he will help support the continued development and implementation of the Lincoln Financial Group's Enterprise Risk Management program. The Enterprise Risk Management Group is part of a team reporting into the Chief Risk Officer.
The focus of this group is to deliver insightful, added-value, actionable risk analytics and governance to drive business results. S/he will assist with the identification, assessment and prioritization of Operational Risk and the development and application of the risk framework, including processes to measure and report such issues throughout the organization. S/he will assist with all aspects of Lincoln’s ERM framework with particular focus on Operational Risk, making connections to the broader risk profile and partnering with key risk owners across the enterprise..
- Establishes effective working relationships throughout the organization, both at the corporate level and within the businesses.
- Helps identify, measure and communicate total enterprise risk issues with particular emphasis on Operational Risk
- Assists with the development, implementation, and maintenance of an enterprise-wide Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) tool and leverages the tool for ongoing risk assessments and risk governance
- In conjunction with other risk management areas in the lines of businesses, helps develop, implement, monitor, and manage risk mitigation programs for the enterprise
- Researches and prepares briefings on status of key projects and initiatives to leaders
- Provides research and analysis and stays current on industry developments
- Assists in the calculation and aggregation of Operational Risk capital for use in the broader Economic Capital (EC) framework
- Implements process improvements, consistency, governance, controls, and oversight
- Develops robust capabilities for an end to end view on risks at the company
- Helps to facilitate transition from existing approaches to newer approaches, and overcomes barriers to mindset change
- Bachelor's degree is required, advanced education and training is a plus
- Other desirable training achieved or in process of attaining:
- Project management and/or audit certifications
- Insurance training and designations
- Finance and Risk designations or certifications
- 5+ years of experience in operational risk and/or operational areas in financial services
- Knowledge of techniques and tools in enterprise and operational risk management
- Strong written/verbal communications and presentation skills
- High energy, self-motivated, with a high level of self-awareness
- Critical thinker with an ability to analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or strategy
- Computer skills:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
- Working knowledge of Governance Risk and Compliance tools (GRC tools)
- Working knowledge of project management tools
- Other computer and software skills a plus
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Understands the interdependencies of how people and organizations function, and can negotiate through complex political situations effectively
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Demonstrated excellent relationship management skills with internal clients; proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches to driving client-focused solutions which also benefits the company’s top and bottom lines
- Ability to understand Lincoln Financial Group’s internal and external customers and address their needs
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by making suggestions for improvement, and learning new skills, procedures and processes. #LI-CG1
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Posted / Updated: