ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent E&P company based on production and proved reserves. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips had operations and activities in 17 countries, $78 billion of total assets, and approximately 12,200 employees as of June 30, 2017. Production excluding Libya averaged 1,503 MBOED for the six months ended June 30, 2017, and proved reserves were 6.4 billion BOE as of Dec. 31, 2016.
Employees across the globe focus on fulfilling our core SPIRIT Values of safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork. And we apply the characteristics that define leadership excellence in how we engage each other, collaborate with our teams, and drive the business.
Responsibilities may include:
- Working under the supervision of the Chief Engineer
- Safely and efficiently operating the entire engineering plant
- Maintaining generators routinely
- Maintaining electric motors routinely
- Maintaining air compressors routinely
- Maintaining L.O. purifiers routinely
- Maintaining main engine lube oil systems/stern tube lube oil systems routinely
- Performing all electrical work aboard the ship
- Working independently
- Testing and recording of insulation resistance (megger testing)
- Collecting monthly samples of lube oil from all machinery
- Working aloft
- Checking all pumps and machinery during rounds
- Monitoring activities from the engine control room
- Working 12 hours per day. He/she may not work more than 15 hours per day.
- Being on call 24 hours/day for all emergencies
Relocation is not provided for this position.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- U.S. Passport
- USCG 3rd Assistant Engineer's License - Motor of any horsepower and/or Bachelors Degree
- STCW certificate
- Merchant Mariner Document (Z card)
- TWIC card holder
- VPDSD endorsement
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to:
- Be away from home for periods in excess of two months
- Push/pull up to 100 pounds
- Lift/carry up to 100 pounds floor to shoulder
- Lift up to 50 pounds floor to overhead
- Climb stairs/ladders
*This position requires you to have a TWIC card (Transportation Workers Identification Credential) to gain access to secure areas of Maritime Transportation Security Act (MTSA) regulated facilities and vessels. Any candidate selected for this position will not be allowed to begin work without proof of application for this card. Visit the TSA websitehttps://twicprogram.tsa.dhs.gov/TWICWebApp/ for more information.
- Degree in Marine Engineering
- Tankerman Assistant endorsement (not barges)
- Willing and able to work overtime
- Possessing good written, oral and communication skills
- Having the ability to acquire knowledge
- Satisfactorily passing certification exams
- Having the ability to cooperate and work well with others
- Experience in generator maintenance
- Experience in working on air compressors
- 1 year direct experience sailing as a cadet on a tanker/ship
- 1 year direct experience sailing as an officer
- Current in Advanced Fire Fighting training (within the last 5 years)
- Ability to clearly follow instructions, both written and verbal
- Ability to apply common sense to achieve the desired outcomes according to the company’s operating procedures and
- safety protocols
- Organized, efficient and a methodical problem solver
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of December 31, 2017.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Posted / Updated: