Primary role will be to provide, coordinate & track training (safety, craft, procedures and regulatory) for EM substation area personnel (BU & Management). This role will be supplemental to First Line supervisor duties consisting of pulling on call and providing governance and oversite of personnel performing shift work & back shift operations support.
Plans, directs, coordinates and supervises craft personnel engaged in the construction, operation and maintenance of company substation equipment. Supervises resources in a manner that ensures the safe, efficient, economical, and expeditious completion of work with high regard for cost, quality and customer satisfaction to accomplish desired results. Promotes safety principles and assists in the training and development of the craft workforce. Ensures the focus and attainment of business goals and objectives. Maintains an environment that promotes safety, environmental compliance, diversity, innovation and high productivity.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Plan, coordinate, and direct employees engaged in the execution of scheduled and emergent work activities, to assure the highest levels of customer service and to achieve safety, reliability and productivity goals.
- Provide leadership to and development of the craft workforce. Coach and evaluate employee performance with timely recognition. Conduct performance reviews and identify growth and learning opportunities for employees. Execute labor strategies involving employees covered under the collective bargaining agreement.
- Work within departmental budgets. Plan resource coverage and execute work activities directed at achievement of business plans and business unit objectives. Develop alternative courses of action that are based on logical assumptions and factual information after considering resources, constraints, and organizational values. Recognize unusual conditions and take corrective action.
- Respond to emergent equipment conditions and coordinate emergency response to restore system configuration and/or service to customers. Requires 24-hour on-call responsibilities and varied work schedules, as required by business needs.
- Promote and maintain an environment that fosters a high performance culture and a learning organization. Ensure an environment that respects and promotes diversity. Serves as a change agent for business initiatives and assures the human element is understood and considered. Facilitates open and honest communication with staff.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
Education - High School diploma or equivalent
Experience - 5 - 8 years of industry experience in various engineering, construction or operating assignments.
o Valid driver's license
o Successful completion of Supervisory Assessment.
Knowledge - Demonstrated knowledge of T&D operating, maintenance & construction work practices, utility collective bargaining agreements and regulatory issues.
o Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, build consensus, establish trust, and foster culture change.
o Demonstrated ability to support and enforce safe work behaviors; this requires working knowledge of safety rules and work practices.
Education - Associate's degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or related field.
- Prior exp. In the Electric Substations field in the training and development of personnel to integrate business processes with skills to safely and effectively perform job duties.
o Electric industry background in the construction, maintenance and troubleshooting of transmission & substation equipment and systems.
o Previous supervisory experience
o Technical understanding of transmission and substation components and system protection devices and schemes.
o Familiarity with the local collective bargaining agreement.
o Demonstrated ability to develop and implement process enhancements and efficiencies including technology and performance.
o Demonstrated business and utility financial acumen, customer awareness, and ability to create value.
o Demonstrated leadership ability in a high-performance culture, including coaching and facilitating business competency and performance management skills.
Pepco Holdings, an Exelon Company, is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of characteristics protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Never Miss an Update - Follow us on Twitter @PHICareers
Posted / Updated: